Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
We are having a strange issue. Users are retrieving a data window with about 70 columns and before you ask, yes they need all these for tax research. Also, the number of records that must be retrieved is around 250K and yes, they need all these recor...
If I have a PDF file in a blob variable, is there a way to display it without writing it to a file? Currently I am writing to a file and displaying it in the WebBrowser control.  ...
I did a filter on some names, some of which started with "A" or other capital letters, and some of which started with "a", where the filter expression was: name > 'a' It selected all of those names. If that was case sensitive, like I thought DW exp...
Hello Team, We are migrating our application from PB12.5.2 to PB2017 R3 version to support TLS12. using existing SOAP service. Due to budjetc and other factors, we are not migrating from SOAP to RestFul service. I have mentioned below the codes in ...
Dear Appeon:     As Devops has become the trend of development, Is there any practice on Powerbuilder continue integration base on Microsoft devops (derive from TFS and AZure), I found a sample of Jenkins and Git, but our company want to solution on...
Hello, short question: What is the best practice to configure GIT if you have your PBLs in more then one directory? Situation: We keep all PBLs from a project in its project directory. But there are some other common used PBLs (like the PFC), whi...
Hi all please help me..   I create the exe in pb 17 but when i run the exe then login window is open then i submit my credintial then it is ok but after login , my workspace size is decrease or not maximixe automatically , there is need to manuall...
I just noticed that if I have a column in a DW with a DDDW edit type, and a tooltip defined, when that column has the focus (so the entry in it appears selected) hovering the mouse over it will not pop up the tooltip. Hovering the mouse over its drop...
Hi. Is there any documentation of the parameters for the stand alone compiler pbc170? Thanks. Rolf...
Hi, I have a request from a customer on using Azure AD and authorizing access to our PB application using SAML 2.0. Is there any features/plug-ins in PB2017 for this?    Best Regards, Charlotte Holstein Jensen Seniordeveloper Mark Information ...
Hi, We have an application in Powerbuilder 12.0 and also the same application migrated to Pb2017. Now we maintain two versions of application and of course the latest version (using PB2017) has more functionalities to meet our customers' requirement...
Hello experts, do you know how to enter ALT key codes (unicodes) for symbols in text fields? For example, we would like to enter the symbol for a phone: Symbol: "✆"Name: "Public pay phone"ALT code number: ALT + "9990" We always get the symbol "♠"...
I have a report that has the detail band and columns set to autosize their heights. The issue I am having is the last row is cutting off the text in a column that works fine in other rows. I need it to display properly for all rows. See the screensh...
Hello, Using PB 11.5 & SQL Server 2012 1.  Blank page when data in nested report exceeds one page.   When the data in nested report spans more than one page, it leaves the starting page [of the nested report data] blank and starts in the next pag...
Anyone had luck running the Windows API function NetServerEnum on Windows 10? I'm getting this error: ---------------------------NetServerEnum Error---------------------------Error #384 You can't connect to the file share because it's not secure. T...
Hi, I am trying to create a data window in PowerBuilder 2017 R3. I am following the below steps. New->data window->rich text->stored procedure After selecting the stored procedure then I am getting the below error as shown in screenshot though we ...
With PB 2017 new feature of saving datawindow to PDF is causing application to crash when datawindow contains jpgs (photos). But not all for some photos it works fine. And it is not consistent with size of the photo either. The application is a cl...
Hi guys,   Recently one of our customers is complaining about "lost data".  I am not yet sure how this happens, but i have a feeling it has to do with the autocommit property of the transaction object.   I am using PB2017 R3 with a SQLAnywhere 11...
I will give you a little brief of what happened before I explain the issue I have and ask my question. The production box, where I had PowerServer Work group edition with our license, crashed. I am in the process of getting back our PowerServer lic...
Hi, I am able to run an application migrated from PB8 to PB2017 R3(.exe file) completely fine on my development PC (Windows 7 64 Bit) . when i try to run the same on a new machine(Win 7 64 Bit and Win 10 64 Bit) i am receiving "The application was u...

There are no discussions available here currently