Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hello, Just sharing a website that points the benefits of coding an elegant way.  Thought it will be useful. https://code.intfast.ca/viewforum.php?f=4 Happiness AlwaysBKR Sivaprakash  ...
como sera la propiedad en WEbBroser para esta propiedad en OleObjet "internetexplorer"  selectForm   De estas propiedad su equivalencia en WB_1.   IE.document.selectForm.nroruc.value = ls_rucIE.document.selectForm.serie.value = ls_serieIE.documen...
Hi All, Trying to run PB 2022 Build 1878 front end, and deploy a PowerServer 2022 client. For the datawindows that we have created that use an SP in the select I am getting an ORA-00904: "TABLE_NAME": invalid identifier. The code works as expected i...
Running PB21 Build 1509 and migrated from PB10.2 build 8100. We have a nested datawindow where on the font tab we are setting the escapement property to a value of 900 (we basically are want to rotate 90 degrees to left - text is left aligned). This ...
Hello, Just wondering if there is any general documentation or advice on best practices for configuring an Azure cloud environment for running a PowerBuilder application? Or known issues? I know this is a broad question, and a bit of a reach... but ...
I was doing some changes in one of our applications and I decided to turn on the title of a dw so it looks cool. Actually it did looks supper cool. I compile the application without testing the editing functionality of the columns. I push the applica...
Hi. I've found that DevMagic Studio preview version is available (Download DevMagic Studio | DevMagic Website). Can it be installed on a computer where SnapDevelop is already installed or there may be any conflict? Also what are Appeon's plans abou...
Hi,   Maybe, anybody helps me or send me a solution, how can I run a development application in PB as Windows Service and as a standard Windows application with the frame?...
We are migrating our pb applications to PB 2021 from PB 11.5. WE have 8-10 web applications that are being called from the pb 11.5 code base. In 11.5 we used the Web Service Proxy project to call our web services using SoapConnection (using pbwsclien...
I have a MS word document which contains words and images. I just want to display the whole document on popup PB window for user to read it. I created the window and RichText datawindow with one column as String with length 100 (it does not have Blob...
how do i implement openinterfaces in wildfly 10 ?...
Hi everyone. How to get the public key from a .CER (certificate) file sent by third party? What PowerBuilder function to use? Thanks in advance for your responses!...
Hello, I need to pass a Blob to rest api service to save a blob via post call. When I'm calling the postdatastart with the URL I'm getting error -1 (that's mean general error). I installed Postman app to see if there is a problem and monitor the p...
For the olecustomcontrol there is an event called losefocus()   I am moving away from ole to webbrowser control.   I can't seem to find losefocus() or anything equivalent to that.   Any ideas?...
Hello Alli need to Export a Datawindow to a Json the issue is that the the items have Upper and Lower case  like :codigoDepartamentoReceptor or fechaHora when i create the datawindow the name are always change to all lowercase i did try to use the...
Hello, Using Powerbuilder 2019 R3, SQLite, ODBC Driver from http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/ Need to cast a computed column as date, but PB interprets it as a char column only.  I tried Datawindow's column specification, we get All those compu...
Hi all, I'm banging my head against the wall here.  I'm been working with snapdevelop and visual studio to migrate our old client server application [Front end connects to ASE directly]. hoping to evolve to an architecture where front end interact...
We are using powerbuilder 2021. We migrated from powerbuilder11.5 to powerbuilder2021. We are in middle of converting web calls. We wanted to use HttpClient as recommended by Appeon. I am calling a url which is wdsl has a function requires 3 paramete...
Thanks for any hint Peter...
Question to the PB Community: We have a monolithic application consisting of a PowerBuilder frontend and C# .NET application server, both of which are tied to a MS SQL Server database. When the application was first written it was strictly PB, but o...

There are no discussions available here currently