1. Stefan Zehner
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 24 June 2022 13:25 PM UTC

Hello,

after I have not found advice to my question and since I'm pretty new to Powerbuilder, I just post it here:

I'm just about upgrading my Powerbuilder Workspace from Rel. 12.5 to 2019R2. There I do have a PBL (used for a report) which I have revised in PB2019R2. Once done I have compared the code (edit source) of unchanged 12.5-object with revised 2019R2-object and found that there is only one type of differences:

2019R2-object: For 3 datawindows (dw_...) and 1 user object (uo_...) I see the line "boolean bringtotop = true"

unchanged 12.5-object: This Line is not included.

As I'm having issue with my application bringing a white area on top of the filter window, I wanted to make new 2019R2-object 100% same with unchanged 12.5-object. Therefore I want to remove this string "boolean bringtotop = true"

When I click the dw or uo in the control list and then right click I can only select "bring to front" or "send to back". Same with >Menu>Format.

Under Properties I cannot find this setting either.

Does anybody now how I can remove "boolean bringtotop = true" from the 2019R2-object? I'm afraid that it is not the right way to just delete these lines from the source code.

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

Best regards,

Stefan  

Accepted Answer
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 24 June 2022 15:17 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi, Stefan -

Selecting "Send to Back" from the "Format" menu in the Window Painter is how you effectively keep the BringToTop property from being set to True. Doing this removes the property override in the exported source code, or you can alternatively Edit Source and do it yourself.

Regards, John

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Stefan Zehner Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 24 June 2022 18:24 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi John,

thank you very much for your help.

Just for Information: Since I was not able to select all 3 dw (only 2 can be selected) and 1 uo in Layout-Sheet, I commented the string "boolean bringtotop = true" under edit source at all 4 places (did not resolve the issue but there seem to be other root cause).

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Stefan

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.