1. Marcin Jurkowski
  2. PowerServer Mobile (Obsolete)
  3. Thursday, 26 November 2020 11:27 AM UTC

Hi,

I started testing HTTPClient for the Appeon Mobile app this week.

I'm using the json placeholder test API and the same code as in your tutorial:
PowerBuilder 2017 R2 New Feature: REST - Appeon Community

It works on desktop as expected but when I deploy to the Mobile App I have no results & GetResponseStatusCode returns -1.

Is there still something not supported in this release for Mobile?

Versions I'm using:
Product Version: PowerServer (PB Edition) 2019 Build 2082.00
Appeon Workspace: 1988.00

Regards,
Marcin

Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 26 November 2020 15:08 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer Mobile (Obsolete)
  3. # 1

Try upgrading to PowerServer 2020.  The REST support in your version was very limited, but just keep in mind even in 2020 it is not supporting all features like PowerBuilder.  You need to read the supported features guide carefully for the PB features you want to use.

PowerServer 2021 will support 100% of PowerBuilder features.  But in order to do this we are forced to stop supporting iOS and Android.  It is Windows devices only.  To learn more about this upcoming version, you can watch the Elevate keynote.

If you do decide to use PowerServer 2020, you will get minimum of 5 years support because we designated it as a long-term support version.

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Friday, 27 November 2020 16:35 PM UTC
Hi Marcin;

Please check to make sure that your "Mobile Templates" are up-to-date. You can do that by entering the "Packaging" tool from the PS Toolkit's toolbar. In the next dialogue, select the "PowerServer Mobile Templates Manager" link. From that next dialogue, please check that all the the latest templates for Android / iOS have been installed. If not, highlight and select the "Install" CB as required.

If you do update the mobile templates, please perform & full build & redeploy. Then retest your App's WS code again.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  1. Marcin Jurkowski
  2. Wednesday, 19 May 2021 09:01 AM UTC
Hi,

We have finally managed to update our PowerServer Mobile to the latest version but the problem with HTTPClient is still there.

After few more tests I found the problem. It looks like the HTTPClient for PowerServer Mobile still does not support HTTPS URLs (API calls work OK with HTTP).

I understand that this won't be fixed if the PS Mobile will be discontinued?

PowerServer (PB Edition) 2020 Build 2703.00

Workspace 2703.00

Regards,

Marcin
  1. Helpful
  1. Kai Zhao @Appeon
  2. Friday, 28 May 2021 03:14 AM UTC
Hi Marcin,

I did not reproduce the HTTPS issue. The code below works fine in both Android and iOS and I use PowerServer 2020 Build 2703 too. Please try my script on your end to see if it works well.

Integer li_rc

String ls_string

HttpClient lnv_HttpClient

lnv_HttpClient = Create HttpClient

// send request using GET method

li_rc = lnv_HttpClient.SendRequest("GET", "https://demo.appeon.com/PB/webapi_client/employee/102";)

// obtain the response data

if li_rc = 1 and lnv_HttpClient.GetResponseStatusCode() = 200 then

lnv_HttpClient.GetResponseBody(ls_string)

end if

messagebox(string(li_rc), ls_string)

Please note that it is need to full deploy application after upgrade to PowerServer 2020, and please try removing Appeon Workspace and install it again.

If there is still the issue, please provide the information below for more study.

1 Does the same HTTPS URL work well on browsers on the mobile device?

2 Do other devices have the same issue?

3 The detailed device type and OS version that has the issue.

4 A simple PB case to reproduce the issue.

Regards,

ZhaoKai

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.