1. · DETE
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 20 June 2018 09:00 AM UTC

Hello,

We experiment some issues using new Powerbuilder 2017 and our testing tool HPE Unified Functional Testing (UFT).

Here is an example of differences in HPE UFT vision, after compilation, on TreeView objects with the same powerbuilder code.

New version

PbWindow("PbWindow").WinObject("PBTreeView32_100").Click 13,42

PbWindow("PbWindow").WinObject("PBTreeView32_100").DblClick 88,74

Treeview entry name is missing, we obtain only click position

Old versions

PbWindow("w_mainwindow").PbTreeView("tv_menu").Expand "Market"

PbWindow("w_mainwindow").PbTreeView("tv_menu").Activate "Market;Deal Capture"

We were able to get the entry names in old versions and our testing scripts are build using those entries.

Any idea?

Bruce Armstrong Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 22 June 2018 16:02 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

What version of UFT are you using?  HP sold off UFT to MicroFocus back in 2016.  The MicroFocus UFT product supports PowerBuilder 2017 as of version 14.01.  You're still referring to it as an HP product leads me to believe you're on an older version.

There is a technote on the MicroFocus site that indicates how you can get UFT to work better with versions of PowerBuilder that it doesn't officially support.  I don't know if it would apply to an older HP version of the product though.

If you are on an older version I would suggest updating to a version of the product that officially supports 2017.

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Friday, 22 June 2018 16:48 PM UTC
Hi Bruce;

Thanks for the update ... I did not know that the UFT product was sold off to MF!   

Regards ... Chris

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.