1. dale walker
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 07 February 2019

Looking for some troubleshooting suggestions.   I'm receiving a datawindow error trying to import a SRD source file.   The reported row and column do not match the actual SRD source file.   Not even an off by a couple rows close.  

The reported apparent row/column is an embedded SQL statement, which I've verified is syntaxically correct via  SQL Developer and TOAD.

For background, leading up to the error, 1) performed datawindow export, 2) manually changed "[short date]" to "[shortdate]" in a number of Format tags, 3) tried to re-import, received error below

 

 

Environment: PB 2017 R3, Windows 10 x64

dale walker Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
0
Votes
Undo

thanks all.  I ended up where Brad commented and was able to import an older SRD with corrections

Found an older version of the SRD, ran a compare and added the new bits to the old SRD, then re-imported.  All is good again.  The row/column info from the PB import parser is still a bit of mystery to me.   Counting with or without header and embedded SQL as 1, the reported parse error location still didn't make any sense.

Comment
Armeen,

As an enhancement, it might be helpful to have the text causing the parsing error in the error message. Any amount of additional info to nail down an error location would be helpful.
  1. Brad Mettee
  2. Saturday, 9 February 2019
Please send an email to product@appeon.com to suggest this enhancement. Thanks.
  1. Armeen Mazda
  2. Monday, 11 February 2019
There are no comments made yet.
  1. Friday, 8 February 2019
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
0
Votes
Undo

I made another comment but it was mistaken. The forum doesn't allow deleting a post.

Comment
Comments can be deleted. Only answers cannot, but you could always edit the answer.
  1. Armeen Mazda
  2. Friday, 8 February 2019
There are no comments made yet.
  1. Friday, 8 February 2019
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
0
Votes
Undo

Line 1 is where it says:  release 17.0;

Count down from there. 

 

Comment
Just to clarify, the first line of an object that's exported to a file is "$PBExportHeader$dw_whatever.srd". This is the line that's not included in the line count.
  1. Brad Mettee
  2. Saturday, 9 February 2019
There are no comments made yet.
  1. Friday, 8 February 2019
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3
Brad Mettee Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
0
Votes
Undo

If you have a backup of your PBL, you're going to be fine. Rename the bad copy of the datawindow so you can use it as reference. Export the datawindow from the backup, see if you can import it into live. If so, compare the working srd with the non-working srd to see what's actually different. 

As far as line numbers go, I'm almost positive that the select statement (line starts with " retrieve=") gets collapsed into a single line and continues from there. Line number will then be off by one (I think line 1 gets ignored). Column number may not match up either since the parser is looking for specific text markers, and if something is missing or improperly spelled, the actual problem will be prior to the shown column number.

Hope this helps.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. Friday, 8 February 2019
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4
  • Page :
  • 1


There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.