1. Alfredo Santibanez
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 3 October 2022 20:26 PM UTC

Dear Friends

I started having issues with a composite DW.  I seems that the user is having the problem from time ago and solved it generating the report with less data.    

The problem persists in PB 2021, but the case started with pb12.6 that showed up a message:

In the PB12.6 IDE just crashes,  The DW preview works fine, Running all SQL directly in the database executes fine

Then I moved all to PB 2021 (1311), things change a little bit:

Running in the IDE crashes

Running exectuable crashes, no error, have to look in Windows Events, but same error:

The DW preview still runs, without problems

Any ideas?

Best Regards

Alfredo

Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 26 October 2022 04:32 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Alfredo,

I suggest that you refer to the following link to modify or add a PB.ini and then verify if it resolves the issue.
https://www.appeon.com/developers/get-help/knowledgebase/negative-impact-accessibility-application-performance.html 

BTW, there was a customer who had a crash issue due to their extremely long dataobject name. Although we couldn't reproduce the issue, I still suggest that you check your dataobject name, and if it is longer than 40, I suggest that you change it to no more than 32. And then verify if it resolves the issue.

If you still have the issue, I suggest that you open a ticket at https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug and provide a reproduce test case, including DB tables, PBLs, etc.

Since we can't reproduce the issue on our side, so it is very important that you provide a small reproduce test case. Hope you can understand!

Regards,

Ken

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Alfredo Santibanez Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 5 October 2022 13:37 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hello John, thanks for help

Unfortunately, did not work.  I forgot to mention probably important issues:

• If the report is run with less data (in this case less days) it runs without problems, when the user needs more data it crashes
  • The report is rather simple with just a detail band and within the detail one nested report
  • The nested report collects information from 1 day and represent it in a band.  Each day is one record, each record one detail and one nested report.

Do you have any more ideas with this additional info?

Best Regards

Alfredo

Comment
  1. John Fauss
  2. Wednesday, 5 October 2022 17:36 PM UTC
I'm sorry to hear that my suggestion did not help. You should probably open a support ticket with Appeon, if you have not already done so.

One other idea to consider, which may or may not be feasible for your situation, is to see if the report can be generated using the tabular/grouped presentation style instead of as a composite. Since each instance of the nested report is a single day, this suggests grouping by date might be possible. Of course, both the SQL and the report DW would need to be redone.
  1. Helpful
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 4 October 2022 02:18 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi, Alfredo -

When I've been faced with a similar issue, I first verify that I can successfully run each of the reports within the composite report separately. Once I verify they are all working properly, I create a NEW composite report, then one by one, I add each of the nested report objects... saving after adding in each one and verifying that the report runs.

If, at some point, the composite DW fails, you that have an idea where the problem may be. There may be an inconsistency with an argument datatype that the DW Painter somehow resolves differently during preview than when the app runs.

Of course, the issue could be due to a bug, even one that goes back to PB 12.6 (or further).

Best regards, John

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.