1. John Vanleeuwe
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 8 February 2021 12:27 PM UTC

Hi guys,


Here's my situation.


I was using PB2017 till end of november. Then i decided to migrate my software towards PB2019 R2, which worked without any error.


I have been making code changes to my PB2019 R2 code without any problem , compiled and build exes. No hassle , no problem so far.


Yesterday i tried to run a full build again on my PB2019 R2 code and i have received following error


Error C0114 : error scanning object source entry : uo_edi



I've already tried the next scenarios to fix it.


- tried exporting , deleting it , re-importing

- tried optimizing all the pibbles

- tried deleting it from my pb2019 R2code , export from my pb2017 code and then importing it back into 2019 R2 code


My 2017 code is still intact , but i don't want to be migrating the whole source again towards 2919 R2 , because that means i will loose one months changements that i've been doing to the PB2019 R2 source code.


The object can be rightclicked and can be regenerated without any problem.

When i open the source , i can see and read the source.


I am not too sure what i can do more to fix this problem...











Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 8 February 2021 14:04 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi John,

If uo_edi is an existing object, then it sounds like there's something wrong with the structure in its source code. Can you build it new, from scratch? It sounds like that dreadful message I've had several times in the past, when editing source code of certain objects and then got the message "....is this modified exported source code ... " or something like that. The only way I could solve that one, is by getting a previous version and manually editing the object (instead of directly editing the source code). In the end I decided to build it from scratch, problem solved.

Maybe you can get an older version of uo_edi and export it, then compare it with the exported version of your current object. See what the differences are.

Another "shot in the dark": Open a cmd shell and run the following commands.

cd \
dir uo_edi*.* /s

Who knows, maybe there's a corrupt file somewhere in a temporary folder, used by pb when doing builds.
If you find anything delete the complete temp folder and try again.


  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Monday, 8 February 2021 17:54 PM UTC
The export / import will probably also fail if you do it in 2017 only.
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Monday, 8 February 2021 17:56 PM UTC
don't export and import it from 2017 to 2019.

Hook up your 2019 library in 2017 or maybe better you 2017 library in 2019. Then just drag the object to your destination library while having CTRL pressed to make sure it's a copy and not a 'move'.
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Monday, 8 February 2021 17:57 PM UTC
Before doing so, export the current 2019 object, so you can re-compare if there's been any changes (or check in source control if there's been any since the migration to 2019).

  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :
  • 1

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.