1. MOHAN KRISHNA DEVARAPU
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 7 February 2019 15:57 PM UTC

I have installed PB2017 then migrated my old pbcode from pb12 to pb17. I found one strange error. In pb12 if we click any tabpage and if we have tabs inside that tab page by default it will open the first tab page but it is not happening in lastest pb17 it is displaying nothing untill we click the tab page. I need first tab inside that tabpage should be opened autoaticall once we clicke the main tab.

Kindly help in this regard

Olan Knight Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 7 February 2019 17:59 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

You can also POST a SelectTab (1) in the Constructor event of the tab control object.

Olan

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 7 February 2019 18:13 PM UTC
That is a great idea Olan and then Mohan's App can leave the CreateOnDemand "on"!
  1. Helpful
  2. Thursday, 7 February 2019 18:46 PM UTC
I cannot because in my application I have lot of tabs like this. But I did not face any issue with pb12.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 7 February 2019 20:14 PM UTC
I believe that Tab Page focus behaviour was changed in PB 12.6 (if I recall correctly). So adding the extra SetFocus() command (hopefully) will clean up that behaviour more like PB 12.x or 12.5.x would have had.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 7 February 2019 16:20 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Mohan;

Check your Tab Control(s) and see if the "CreateOnDemand" property is set to true.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 7 February 2019 17:25 PM UTC
CreateOnDemand = TRUE, means do NOT instantiate the controls within until the user clicks on a Tab Page.
  1. Helpful
  2. Thursday, 7 February 2019 18:05 PM UTC
yes but same pb12code triggering the constructor of the firsttab page. I have removed the craeteondemand application is not responding as we have more than 100 tabs in the same tabcontrol
  1. Helpful
  1. Roland Smith
  2. Thursday, 7 February 2019 18:14 PM UTC
More than 100 tabs in the same control - I think you need to redesign the window.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.