1. Tommy Liu
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 26 September 2023 14:31 PM UTC

We are going to implement the CI/CD via AWS's Codebuild which uses 'Windows server 2019' as image. I did silent install for both Powerbuilder Runtime/Powerbuider Compiler on the windows server container (I tried both Powerbuilder 2021 v1506 and v1509 build).  

For PBAutoBuild210.exe:

PBAutoBuild210.exe  /f C:\temp\pb\GUI_git\p_guigit_exe.json /l C:\temp\pb\GUI_git\Log_PB.log /le C:\temp\pb\FirstRxGUI_git\Log_PBError.log

13:16:46 [Normal] Start processing parse json to model code segment.
13:16:46 [Normal] End processing parse json to model code segment.
13:16:46 [Normal] Start processing download source code segment.
13:16:46 [Normal] End processing download source code segment.
13:16:46 [Normal] Start processing compile segment.
13:16:46 [Normal] Start compiling the source code.
13:16:47 [Error] Failed to load the library "PBORC.dll". Error message: The specified module could not be found.
13:16:47 [Error] Failed to load the library "PBDEV.dll". Error message: The specified module could not be found.
13:16:47 [Error] Failed to compile the target file. File name: C:\temp\pb\GUI_git\guigit.pbt

C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilderCompiler 21.0>more "C:\temp\pb\GUI_git\Log_PBError.log"
13:16:47 [Error] Failed to load the library "PBORC.dll". Error message: The specified module could not be found.
13:16:47 [Error] Failed to load the library "PBDEV.dll". Error message: The specified module could not be found.
13:16:47 [Error] Failed to compile the target file. File name: C:\temp\pb\GUI_git\guigit.pbt

For orcascr210

orcascr210 /D runtime_version="21.0.0.1509" "C:\Downloads\refresh_pbl.bat"

Appeon (R) OrcaScript interpreter version 21.0
Using ANSI source file C:\Downloads\package_files\refresh_pbl0.bat.
Error: Failed to load library: PBORC.DLL.

PBAutoBuild210.exe and orcascr210.exe are working perfectly in local (windows 10). Do I miss anything for the apps on windows server 2019 container?

Thanks in advance

Tioma Kaushin Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 22 November 2023 18:17 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Same problem. But with PB2022.

Resolved using image

FROM mcr.microsoft.com/windows:ltsc2019

instead of

FROM mcr.microsoft.com/windows/servercore:ltsc2019

Runtime and Utilities:

RUN start /wait C:\\dotnet-runtime-6.0.25-win-x64.exe /q
RUN start /wait C:\\dotnet-runtime-6.0.25-win-x86.exe /q
RUN start /wait C:\\dotnet-sdk-6.0.320-win-x64.exe /q
RUN start /wait C:\\dotnet-sdk-6.0.320-win-x86.exe /q

RUN start /wait C:\\PowerBuilderRuntime.exe /s
RUN start /wait C:\\PowerBuilderUtilities.exe /s

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
kitty he @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 27 September 2023 02:25 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Tommy,

It looks like a missing dependent library caused pbdev.dll and pborc.dll to fail to load. '

Did you restart the environment after installing the PB components?

You can also use a dll dependency tool to check the dependency libraries required by pbdev.dll and pborc.dll to see if there are any missing ones in the environment.

BTW: Please tell me the detailed version information of server2019 used and see if we can reproduce it? You can also try pbautobuild220 in the same environment to see if it is normal.

Regards,

Kitty

Comment
  1. Tommy Liu
  2. Thursday, 28 September 2023 13:14 PM UTC
The image is AWS Codebuild docker image(WINDOWS_SERVER_2019_CONTAINER), it is created with aws build process and destroyed after build failed on aws cloud. It only accepts windows shell (with window cmd batch) so that it is not easy for debug and trouble shooting. I tested the windows server 2016 (standalone, not cloud container version) and it works well. I will request a new standalone windows server 2019 and then try it there soon.

Image: aws/codebuild/windows-base:2019-2.0

Type: WINDOWS_SERVER_2019_CONTAINER

Thanks
  1. Helpful
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 26 September 2023 15:34 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi, Tommy -

I believe only the PowerBuilder runtime is supported on server editions of Windows:

https://docs.appeon.com/pb2021/installation_guide_for_pb/ch01s01.html

and I think the compiler is considered to be part of the IDE (Integrated Development Environment), and therefore will not be supported on Windows Server 2019.

I know several members of the Appeon Community follow CI/CD processes, so I'm hopeful they can offer suggestions.

Best regards, John

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 26 September 2023 18:16 PM UTC
You are right John that the IDE is only supported on Windows desktop OS, but I think the new PBAutoBuild utility is supported on Windows Server OS. Anyway, will have our support team verify and respond here.
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.