1. mike S
  2. PowerServer
  3. Tuesday, 2 August 2022 15:27 PM UTC

PS 2022 beta, IIS webserver/webapi

Getting the following error:

Failed to download the file "http://myservername.com:80/myappname/1.01/mypbd.pbd/_indexes.idx.zip"; ErrorCode: 500; Error: (null).

the file exists, and a MIME exists for zip files.  the IIS user has read permissions on the folders. 

The help files don't mention anything for this errorcode 500

Accepted Answer
mike S Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 2 August 2022 15:55 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # Permalink

a direct download of the file ("http://myservername.com:80/myappname/1.01/mypbd.pbd/_indexes.idx.zip") showed me this:

"Handler "fpowerserver" has a bad module " DefaultDocumentModule" in its module list"

I had to remove the handler mapping that was done for powerserver 2020 and prior versions that are needed for compressed downloads.  I had that on the default website to allow me to have several powerserver applications running without having to setup the mapping each time i added a new application to test.   I removed the handler mapping, and then readded it to the PS2020 sites only.  Now the IIS server can run PS 2020 version and PS 2022 version

Comment
  1. mike S
  2. Tuesday, 2 August 2022 16:00 PM UTC
It would be good to have a section in the powerServer help regarding upgrading from PS 2020 and prior versions specifically things on the IIS server to look out for such as the old version's required handler mappings
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 2 August 2022 16:17 PM UTC
Good point Mike! The same for when CGI applications are enabled in IIS. You need to create a custom "web.config" in the CAL folder otherwise, you get 400 errors on PC/PS app start.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Francisco Martinez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 2 August 2022 15:57 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

Hi Mike,

5xx errors are usually server errors. I would suggest checking the IIS logs to see more details about what might be causing the error. I would suggest going through the answers on this StackOverflow post to find the location of IIS's logs.

Regards,
Francisco

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.