1. Shilpa Rani Bansal
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 9 April 2021 14:57 PM UTC

We migrated our 2017 R2 code to 2019 R3 but the application exe generated in PB 2019 R3 is being deleted by Symantec anti-virus.

There was no issue while installing 2019 R3, but when the migrated code is built in 2019 R3, that exe is being deleted by anti-virus.

The anti-virus is treating it as a risk, is this a known issue for PB 2019 migration?

Security Risk Found! Heur.AdvML.B!200 in File: C:\a_csm.exe by: Auto-Protect scan.  Action: Cleaned by Deletion.  Action Description: The file was deleted successfully.

Please let me know the solution for this issue.

Kacie Chen @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 12 April 2021 06:48 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Shilpa,

We tested on our side but can't reproduce this issue.

Could you please try to update your virus library and then see if the issue is resolved?

If not, could you please create a template application in PB and then deploy it as an EXE and see if the issue also exists? If so, please capture the detailed error page in Symantec for us. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Kacie

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Shilpa Rani Bansal Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 9 April 2021 15:47 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Thanks for the suggestion, but my exe is being generated at a sub folder only not the root path. I just didnt mention the actual path in the forum :)

Comment
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 9 April 2021 15:38 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

I don't think it'll make a difference, but it's worth a try:

Try to write your executable not to the root of drive c:\, use a subfolder.

Comment
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Friday, 9 April 2021 15:39 PM UTC
Worst case scenario, you add that subfolder as an exception in your anti-virus configuration.
  1. Helpful
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 9 April 2021 15:19 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Based on what you described this appears to be a false positive, assuming you aren't coding a virus in PowerScript. ;-) 

You should report this to Symantec so they improve their software, and in the meantime to move forward consider to either whitelist your app or disable heuristics in Symantec.

Comment
  1. Shilpa Rani Bansal
  2. Friday, 9 April 2021 16:59 PM UTC
Thanks, yes i am following up on this path too.
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.