1. Systeembeheer SFR
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 7 May 2024 10:35 AM UTC

Comming from PB 2019 R3 Build 2797 just transfered to build 2803
Sybase central DB 17

After deploying the applicatieon we got a whole bunch of errors that we dont understand. Anyone know what the problem might be

Attachments (1)
Systeembeheer SFR Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 14 May 2024 05:51 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Chris

Txs for your reply.

If I put in this trace, it will create a file?

In the meanwhile I found out that if I install powerbuilder on a clean system, and than deploy my application on that PC I dont have the problem.

Apparently installing PB is also installs more DLL files?  Is that possible (not completely my area)

Ingmar

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 14 May 2024 17:52 PM UTC
Yes, the SQL Trace (I assume that is what you are referring to) does create a file.

Sounds like you are not deploying all the runtime files required by your App from the PB IDE.

You can use the PB Packager Utility to create an MSI for all the PB runtime DLLs or follow the deployment guide ...

https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019r3/application_techniques/ch09s02.html#PowerBuilder_runtime_files

Note: In R3, you *must* also deploy the new <AppName>.xml file to your PB App's EXE folder.

This XML file may also need editing to properly point to the PB runtime DLL files location.

HTH
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 7 May 2024 11:46 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi;

What your encountering is a SA DBMS issue and not PowerBuilder. I would suggest though that you use the PB SQL Trace feature to help you investigate the DML command that is being rejected by SA.

SQLCA.DBMS = "TRACE ODB"

Regards ... Chris 

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.