1. Jose Alberto Ochoa Medina
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 19 January 2023 17:10 PM UTC

Hello everyone.

I need help, I have a powerbuilder 2022 and it is mounted on a server with windows server 2019, 
all my projects are set to run on power server and use an IIS server to publish it, so far everything works fine but, 
when my users starts using it, they have disconnections which are not happening any time, We've noticed it happens when a query or a datastore is executed, 
it is important to mention that the connection is restored immediately, but it is happening more often.

Do you know why this happens?, Dou you have a bug reported with this same issue?

Note: I use Oracle 19, 

Best Regards

Attachments (1)
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 19 January 2023 17:30 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Is your DB and PowerServer (Web server not user PC) in same LAN network?  If not, that is most likely reason for your problem.

Your timeout setting should not be set to zero…. Zero means never will timeout and will almost always cause problem eventually.  You can consider increasing transaction timeout value but do not set to zero.

Also, if you suspect timeout value too short you should increase the command timeout value.  I see you have it set to 120 seconds.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Francisco Martinez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 19 January 2023 17:27 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Alberto,

You mention PowerBuilder but it appears you're dealing with a PowerServer 2022 deployment. I suggest you change the post's description and title (if possible) to reflect this.

Is there more information to the error you're displaying to the customer? For example "Session does not exist"  or "Transaction does not exist".
Please also check the Web APIs logs by going to <location where Web APIs are hosted>/Logging/logs

Regards,
Francisco

Comment
Jose Alberto Ochoa Medina Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 19 January 2023 17:21 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi,

attached images
Attachments (2)
Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.