1. jalil Rehman
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 13 May 2024 00:27 AM UTC

Hi Folks

How to disable the statusbar in the left corner of the webview2 webbrowser of PB2022 R3 ?

I found 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/microsoft.web.webview2.core.corewebview2settings.isstatusbarenabled?view=webview2-dotnet-1.0.2478.35

but can we use if with the webview2 webbrowser in PB application ?

Accepted Answer
Kai Zhao @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 14 May 2024 00:47 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi Jalil,

WebBrowser currently doesn’t support this. We will record it as a new enhancement/requirement request and will transfer it to our product team for consideration.

Regards,
Kai

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 13 May 2024 02:43 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi, Jalil -

While you should wait to receive a response to this question from Appeon, I will be surprised if there is a way to do this. I often see questions of a similar nature asked by people in this Q&A forum.

It's fairly evident that the PB web browser control does not currently provide access to all of the public methods, properties and all of the events supported by the WebView browser "engine". I wish it did, then all PB developers could access all of the browser features they require to accomplish their objective(s). I do not know why these limitations exist in an ever-increasingly important component such as the PB web browser control. When it comes to programmable access to browser functionality, I feel that the best limitations are to have NO limitations.

Best regards, John

Comment
  1. Bill Gates
  2. Wednesday, 15 May 2024 16:09 PM UTC
PB Many functions are incomplete and very poor ,theme,webview2 , thread,and so on.Does Appeon have any more skilled developers?
  1. Helpful
  1. John Fauss
  2. Wednesday, 15 May 2024 18:06 PM UTC
I think that is being a little harsh, Bill. If I were to venture a guess (and that's all it is, since I am NOT affiliated with Appeon in any way and I have no "insider" knowledge), functional limitations in new PB features have possibly been influenced by resource (manpower/headcount) constraints.

If you develop software, you likely know all too well how budget, staffing and scheduling constraints can adversely affect what can be accomplished. Personally, even though I may be dissatisfied in some ways, I'm very impressed with how well Appeon has enhanced and improved their products since they took the products over from SAP. SAP did V-E-R-Y little and allowed the PB to languish to the point of near extinction, so I'm grateful for and supportive of Appeon's efforts.
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 16 May 2024 15:31 PM UTC
Adding to what John said, we are building on top of a product we inherited rather than building from the ground up. In the end, it all does come down to the resources, because I guess we could just completely rebuild ever single thing from ground up. For example, many of the UI Themes issues is because we had to jerry-rig it to the existing PB UI presentation framework developed years ago by PowerSoft/Sybase.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.