1. George Mikhailovsky
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 11 July 2024 15:31 PM UTC

Dear PowerBuilders,

I am trying to deploy my PowerBuilder 2022 R2 cloud IIS application on a remote server, and I am getting a "Session creation failed" error on the very last step (see 1st attached screenshot).

Let me describe all my previous steps.

Following the instructions in PowerServer 2022 R2 Help (Guide 3: Deploying to remote IIS), I created a PowerServer project in my PowerBuilder PBL, set its properties, built it and deployed it without any errors or warnings. I then found the folders with name of my app, CloudAppPublisher and web_api for my app in the Inetpub/wwwroot/ directory on my local server and copied them to the Inetpub/wwwroot/ directory on the remote server.

I then opened the Applications.json file as Admin, found and replaced the Host database on my local server with the one on the remote server and changed the ID/PWD to the ones used to connect to the remote database. I then created separate websites for my app and its web API in remote IIS (outside of Default Web Site) with the default application pool and different ports 87 and 88 respectively, after checking them for availability. Loading http://[remote server IP]:88/health into the remote server browser, I verified that it was returning "Unhealthy". 

Finally, I opened CMD as administrator, navigated to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\cpms_base_cloud\1.01 and ran the command "dotnet CustomizeDeploy.dll -url=". However, instead of the "Web API URL changed successfully" message I received the last time I deployed my application about six months ago, I received a response that the syntax of this command could not include the "-url" option (see 2nd attached file).

Nevertheless, I tried to run my app in a browser.  CloudAppPublisher updated to the current version, and all the app files loaded without problems. However, the application itself did not launch with a "Session creation failed" error. I analyzed all the information related to this error in the Troubleshooting Guide. Following its recommendations, I edited the web.config file in my app API folder, replacing with the recommended ones, but that didn't help. I then opened Task Manager and searched for the conshost.exe and w3wp.exe processes. I did not find the conshost.exe process there with the user "webapi", while w3wp.exe existed with the user "my_app_API".

Nothing else in the Troubleshooting Guide is recommended and nothing else comes into my mind.

Can anyone help me with this problem? I would be very grateful.

Thank you,

George.

Attachments (1)
Francisco Martinez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 11 July 2024 16:48 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi George,

To change the Web API URL of the Cloud App in the newer versions of PS, you modify the apprun.json file on the root of the Cloud App. Using the CustomizeDeploy tool is no longer used for this purpose.

Please see this page for more details: https://docs.appeon.com/ps2022r3/Change_Web_API_URL.html (Method 2)

Regards,
Francisco

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.