1. Georgios Papageorgiou
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 4 October 2024 21:14 PM UTC

Hi PowerSphere

It seems PBODB.ini is used from the runtime library even though i include the PBODB.ini in "Files preloaded in uncompressed format" 

I deploy with PowerClient - PB 22.2.0.3391

Guess it's because the pbodb.dll assumes the pbodb.ini is in the same directorry, but  I don't think this is the correct behavior, as I would assume the PBODB.ini is taken from my app directory ( as i want to use my modified PBODB.ini)

Thought ?

Georgios

Georgios Papageorgiou Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 5 October 2024 07:36 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Thanks John,

I can see that could explain why i needed to change the file in the source runtime  before building the CAL

Still this will be a pita when going to new runtime versions - because this will be a subject of forgetness 

Having the PBODB.ini customized according to the client APP - the idea of having a general launcher is fading  away

If the Appeon guys changed the (execution) searchpath of pbodb.dll ( apppath , dllpath) this would be the right implementation 

I usuasally don't use ODBC - but had to use it for a new application - as the database i Postgresql

( therefore looking forward to pb2025 with .Net drivers )

Regards

Georgios

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 5 October 2024 02:16 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi, Georgios - 

I don't use ODBC, but I found some information in the Application Techniques publication, under the section heading "PowerBuilder ODBC interface files" that pertains to your situation:

https://docs.appeon.com/pb2022/application_techniques/Database_connections.html#ODBC_database

-------------

Notes

The PBODB.ini file must be in a directory defined by the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\sybase\PowerBuilder\22.0\InitPath registry setting or, in the absence of that key, in the same directory as the DLL file. In most cases, the target deployment machine will not have the registry setting and, therefore, the INI file should be in the same directory as the DLL.

-------------

I hope this helps explain the behavior you are experiencing.

Best regards, John

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.