1. Kevin Moore
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 23 September 2022 15:56 PM UTC

We have just started to migrate our applications from PB 11.5 to PB 2021.  One of the PB 11.5 apps is a com+ application that creates a dll.  This dll is used to create an interop which is called by a c# web service.  When I migrated this app to PB 2021 the project file wasn't migrated.  When I go New and select Projects I don't have 'COM/COM+ Component Wizard' or 'COM/COM+ Component' which we used in 11.5 to create the application dll. 

1) Is there a different way to define a com+ project? 

2) Or is there an entirely new way that I need to go about building this app?  Are there any suggestions or advice on what I would need to do

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 23 September 2022 16:08 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Kevin;

What you are describing is the old PB COM Server feature. That feature was removed in PB by Sybase in PB version 12.0 series. If you were to even run PB 12.6 (last SAP release), that project option was not there. Appeon received the PB IDE baseline code in July, 2016 from SAP based on PB 12.6. Thus, the COM Server feature was never there in PB from Appeon's perspective.

You will have to stay on PB 11.x to continue to use that feature. Moving forward though, I would look at using a different approach / feature for this functionality.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.