1. Juan Pedro Sanz Diez
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. Friday, 3 July 2020 17:53 PM UTC

Hello, friends:

We have powerserver 2020, and thre web applications in production.

The apps run fine, but some users decided to Change scaling settings (Text size, app, and other items) to 125%, 150%, since laptops were given.

As a result, all controls were deconfigured and the letter did not fit on the them.

we found out that changing a opertive system property (Windows) in appmultibrowser plugin, it worked fine. I mean this property in the compatiblity tab, button  "Change high PPP settings"

Change the scaling mode with high PPP values ​​of the application

In the Override Scaling With High PPP Values ​​area , select Override Scaling Behavior With High PPP Values, and then try one of the following options:

• Application : Disable all Windows scaling settings and use only the application developer setting. This option was called Disable Screen Scaling with High PPP Settings in Earlier Versions of Windows.

Since the title of this microsoft topic in internet, 

https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/15078/windows-10-make-older-apps-or-programs-compatible

is saying something like the application could be not compatible with windows 10, we are wondering if we have to check any property in PB, when develop , a property of toolkit, or a property in powerserver o something that could fix this issue at once.

I mean, we afraid we had to change in every user machine this windows property... and we will be happy to avoid it

Thanks

regards.

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 7 July 2020 13:29 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. # 1

Hi Juan;

FWIW: I have heard from other customers that have dealt with MS-Windows scaling issues that setting the DataWindow's Zoom percentage to 75% counteracted this for native PB Apps. Not sure if this would also affect (correct) PowerServer Web and/or IWA apps the same. Might be worth a try.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.