1. George Mikhailovsky
  2. PowerServer
  3. Friday, 18 November 2022 18:59 PM UTC

Dear friends,

I have an issue running my PowerServer 2022 Project. My application runs fine as C/S version from PB 2022 environment. Then, I created PowerServer Project cpms_uspb_cloud according PowerServer 2022 documentation. After this, I tried to run my Project clicking "Run PowerServer Project" button on PowerServer toolbar and immediately got error (#1 in the attached file). According to recommendation in the error message, I checked path to my local web server in PowerServer Project, and it looks fine (#2 in the attached file). My local site (http://localhost) opens in browser without problems (#3 in the attached file). And at last, the content of C:\inetpub\wwwroot\cpms_uspb_cloud looks OK (on my understanding) and have Read access.
Do you have any idea how could I get rid of the error and run my PowerServer Project?

Thank you,

George

Attachments (1)
Who is viewing this page
Monica Petersen Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 19 March 2023 15:37 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

FWIW, we had this same problem, and worked through all the suggested fixes, and still had the same problem.  It turned out we had to also open the port on the Azure VM through the Azure portal, not just on the app server itself.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
George Mikhailovsky Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 22 November 2022 19:22 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 2

Francisco,

Do you mean that I have manually create site for Web API in IIS? In demos in Elevate 2022, I saw that PS project runs immediately after its creation and saving.

However, during these demos, I noticed that PS Project was created when Client project already exists. I tried to create such Client project first but even when I tried to run this Client project after it successful deployment, I got the same error message.

Thank you for your reply,

George

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 23 November 2022 04:28 AM UTC
Hi George, Please contact our sales department and we can schedule a free 1 hour training of PowerServer on how you configure and deploy.
  1. Helpful 1
  1. George Mikhailovsky
  2. Wednesday, 23 November 2022 13:52 PM UTC
Thank you very much, Armeen!

I will try to implement Francisco's recommendations today and, if that fails, I will schedule a session with your sales team for next week, because tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I won't be able to connect with my Production environment until next Monday.

Happy Thanksgiving!

George
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 23 November 2022 15:53 PM UTC
Happy Thanksgiving!
  1. Helpful
Francisco Martinez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 18 November 2022 19:38 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 3

On second glance... Your Web APIs, did you publish them to IIS? Or are they running from the IDE?

It appears the Web APIs are running on port 80, which might be conflicting with the start up of the application.

If you deployed the Web APIs to IIS: Create a new Web Site bound to a different port, and put the Web APIs in this site. Then delete the Web APIs' files from the Default Web Site and change the .NET Server tab's Port value to point to this new site

If you didn't deploy the Web APIs to the IIS Default Web Site and are instead running them from the IDE: In the .NET Server tab, change the port value to something other than 80

After doing either of these steps deploy the project again.

Regards,
Francisco

Comment
  1. Francisco Martinez @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 22 November 2022 19:20 PM UTC
The problem is that the Web APIs and the Cloud App Installer are being placed inside the same Web Site. This is not adequate. There needs to be 2 IIS Web Sites, one for the Web APIs and another for the Cloud App Installer, like in the link that Logan shared.

Regards - Francisco
  1. Helpful
  1. George Mikhailovsky
  2. Tuesday, 22 November 2022 21:29 PM UTC
Thank you, Francisco! I will try this tomorrow.

1. Helpful
  1. George Mikhailovsky
  2. Wednesday, 23 November 2022 22:52 PM UTC
Francisco, I started from scratch by deleting all the objects and folders that appeared when I created the Client and Server projects. Then I created a Client project, built and deployed it, started running it, and got the same error.

I then created a Server project, following all the steps in the manual. Then I built and deployed it, copied all the folders and files from the ServerAPIs folder created in C:\Users\george.mikhailovsky\source\repos\PowerServer_cpms_base_cloud\ to the new web_api_dash folder in wwwroot. I then created 2 new sites in IIS outside of the Default Web Site, pointing to cpms_dash (the application) and web_api_dash (the contents of the ServerAPIs folder) with ports 91 and 92, respectively.

Finally, I tried to run the PS project, but got the same error.

Armeen kindly offered to sign me up for a free 1-hour PowerServer training session, and I'm going to do that after Thanksgiving.

Thanks for your help! Happy Thanksgiving!

George
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 18 November 2022 19:27 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 4

Hi George;

It seems like the "Application" side of the PS deployment was not 100% successful in deploying all of your application objects, external files, 3rd party modules, etc and/or PB runtime modules to the Web Server (my guess).

Please review your PS Project for the above conditions. Also, please make sure that your PB IDE is running in "Admin Mode".

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. George Mikhailovsky
  2. Tuesday, 22 November 2022 19:14 PM UTC
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply but I don't have any external file, 3rd party modules and so on. You were right that I forgot to run PB IDE as Admin, However, when I did this and recreated my PS project, I got the same error.
  1. Helpful
Francisco Martinez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 18 November 2022 19:26 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 5

Hi George,

Is the URL in the Startup tab appropriately pointing to the IIS Site? According to the screenshots, you're deploying to the default site in IIS, so that would mean that you must likely should have something like this:

(of course the application name will be different)

Please check if this value is correct in your project. Also, check what port IIS' Default Web Site is bound to, and that this is the port that's being used in the "Web server port" field

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Francisco

Comment
  1. George Mikhailovsky
  2. Tuesday, 22 November 2022 19:14 PM UTC
Yes, this is correct.
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.