1. Rod Hudgins
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 27 July 2017 16:45 PM UTC

I am using the trial version of PowerBuilder 2017.  In PowerBuilder 12.5 and PowerBuilder 2017 32bit I am able to call a C# function that has the Robert Giesecke “Unmanaged Exports” package.  In PowerBuilder 2017 64bit I am not able to call the C# function despite the C# function being compiled in 32bit or 64bit. 

All testing has been done with compiled objects.  The function is

public function string ReformatExtract(string client_number, string extract_type, string extract_record) LIBRARY "ExternalFunctions.dll" alias for "ReformatExtract;Ansi"

What am I missing?

François Rossignol Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 5 October 2017 14:13 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi,

any news news on the subject ?

It seems I'm having the same problem. I'd like to know if it's a known issue or some mistake on my part.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 27 July 2017 19:36 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

A 64-bit app needs to call a 64-bit DLL.  But if it is failing when calling the 64-bit DLL with PB 2017 but the same test case works fine in PB 12.x then please open a support ticket and provide your test case so the support folks can troubleshoot this issue for you: https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.