1. Richard Lynskey
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 19 February 2024 16:43 PM UTC

We're working on migrating up from 2019R2, and noticed that our windows with horizontal tabs in them can't be switched between (the tabs appear, but none get highlighted and appear as active, and we can't switch to other tabs). Going through the versions, I see that it works in 2022, but not in 2022R2 or in 2022R3.

I see in the 2022R2 Known Issues "If the application calls Windows APIs to hide MDI sheets or set certain MDI sheet as background, avoid enabling the TabbedView option on the sheets at the same time. Otherwise, the sheets may not display as expected.", but I honestly need clarification on what this means. We definitely hide sheets, but to my knowledge, we use the native PB methods to do so. Not sure if this is related or not.

Mark Lee @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 20 February 2024 08:32 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Richard,

This issue is a design limitation. We plan to review it when we enhance TabbedView in the next major version. Currently, we cannot provide other better workarounds.

Regards,

Comment
  1. Mark Lee @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 20 February 2024 08:38 AM UTC
BTW, could you let us know why your case needs to hide the sheets?
  1. Helpful
  1. Richard Lynskey
  2. Tuesday, 20 February 2024 14:57 PM UTC
That's just it, I don't believe we are hiding the sheets. We show/hide some tab pages, but not the full sheets that anything is sitting on.

What should I be specifically looking for in my code? The wording on "calls Windows APIs" gives the impression that it doesn't simply mean calling hide() or setting the visible property to false on the sheet.
  1. Helpful
  1. Mark Lee @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 21 February 2024 01:59 AM UTC
Hi Richard,

I feel like we're not on the same page. It seems like there's a bug with the tab pages your application is using, which is unrelated to the content described in the document. The document describes a limitation in using the TabbedView feature, which is not related to the tab pages.

Therefore, please report this issue to our ticket system: https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug so that it can be properly received and tracked.

Please also provide a sample PB test case (with PBT / PBL) when you submit it to the ticket system.

Regards,
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Richard Lynskey Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 19 February 2024 21:07 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

I had initially done so, but unchecked it and had the issue. Re-migrating from a clean copy, tabs are good again so I probably missed something (we were using the deprecated dockable tabbed windows).

Regardless, what's the timeframe for this known issue being fixed? We'd like to move off dockable.

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Monday, 19 February 2024 22:44 PM UTC
Hi Richard;

I had similar issues using the Dockable windows features with R3's TabbedView window feature. Since the Dockable window feature is deprecated anyway, I totally removed it from my latest framework version (2024R1) for PB 2022 R3 & now all TabbedView features are working well for me.

FYI: https://chrispollach.blogspot.com/2024/02/integrated.html

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  1. Richard Lynskey
  2. Tuesday, 20 February 2024 19:00 PM UTC
Chris,

That's exactly what I was attempting to do when I ran into the tabpage issue.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 20 February 2024 20:36 PM UTC
Yes, I found this conflict during the R3 beta testing. I was planning to remove the Dockable Window feature anyway from the framework as Appeon deprecated that feature many releases ago but it still worked OK up until PB 2022 R2 for me. R3 just hastened the Dockable feature even though I had known for quite a while that I needed to purge it use. ;.-)
  1. Helpful
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 19 February 2024 18:36 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

The known issues you mentioned only apply if you enabled the TabbedView MDI option.  Did you enable this (it is not enabled by default)?

If you enabled it please disable.  If it is disabled, please open a support ticket and provide a test case: https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.