1. Sarath Pappireddy
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 14 October 2019 19:51 PM UTC

We have PB 2017 R3 Paid version and now we are planning to migrate to Pb 2019 version. Before migrating we want to test whether PB 2019 is having any issues with our application,for that reason i have downloaded PB 2019 trial version and tried to login and it shows warning as unable to login as you have already login with other version. Can any one help me like is it possible to login into two versions of PB using same Appeon login?

Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 14 October 2019 20:09 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Yes, but you cannot login at the same time in both.

To login into pb2019 you first have to logout of 2017 and vice versa. If for some reason it still tells you that you are logged in already then someone at your company with administrator rights should login on appeon.com to log you out.

Comment
  1. Sarath Pappireddy
  2. Monday, 14 October 2019 20:16 PM UTC
Thanks I got it.
  1. Helpful
  1. Michael Kramer
  2. Monday, 14 October 2019 21:55 PM UTC
And the log in/out is easier these days thanks to the options of both auto-login - and - auto-logout.

I know it is annoying because you can have several instances of same PB IDE version open simultaneously on same machine. Two versions open simultaneously on one machine counts for now as 2 - just like same login on two different machines using same version.

I know from conversations with Armeen that he knows it is a painpoint and that Appeon is looking into how they may be able to count licenses in a different way. But for now: If you want two IDE versions open simultaneously on same machine => assign 2 licenses!
  1. Helpful
  1. Olan Knight
  2. Tuesday, 15 October 2019 16:42 PM UTC
Wow, that IS a pain. I often have two copies of PowerBuilder open when I an testing code.

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.