1. Thirumalai Balasubramanian
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 21 September 2021 19:29 PM UTC

Hello,

We have an application which is getting migrated from PB 2019 to PB 2019 R3 2703 version. The migration is completed and generated the build using ORCA. Once the build is completed, we staged the EXE, PBD, PBL & PBT for other to use. When someone try to use the PBL & PBT, Powerbuilder is prompting to migrate the code again.

Not sure is it due to build or something else. All of the developers are using PB 2019 R3 2703 and runtime 2019.2.0.2073.

Any suggestion and anyone encounter similar issue?

Thank You

Thiru

Who is viewing this page
Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 26 September 2021 08:12 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Thiru,

I suggest you try the steps below and see if the issue can be resolved:
1. Open your Application Object in PB IDE.
2. Click "Additional Properties" button in the Property, modify any property in the pop-up property window, click OK and then save.
3. Full Build your application.

Regards,
Ken

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 22 September 2021 09:37 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Thiru,

I suggest you open the pbt file with notepad.exe, then check if the appname value inside has any upper case.
If there is any upper case in appname, it will cause an issue similar to this one. In this case, you can fix this issue by changing appname to all lower cases, or create a new pbt file as suggested by Olan.

Generally, appname in the pbt is lower-case by default. If you find any upper case in your pbt, can you let us know how did you make appname in pbt have upper case?

Regards,
Ken

Comment
  2. Wednesday, 22 September 2021 12:21 PM UTC
Ken, Thank you for your response. I checked the appname in the target and it is all lower case only.
  1. Helpful
Olan Knight Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 21 September 2021 23:21 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Delete the old target file.

Create a new Target.

Do a FULL BUILD manually.

DEPLOY the application.

Often the issue is that either the target file has been changed and is no longer accurate, or that the file has been corrupted.

Comment
  2. Wednesday, 22 September 2021 12:24 PM UTC
Olan - Thank you for your response. I thought about it but I did not try this option. I will try and let you know.

Thank You

Thiru
  1. Helpful
mike S Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 21 September 2021 19:49 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

if orca is used to recompile/migrate source, it doesn't set the build number.  if you do it via the IDE it will.

this may have been fixed in a newer build.

Comment
  2. Tuesday, 21 September 2021 20:05 PM UTC
Mike - Thank you for your response. The migration has occurred manually using the PB IDE 2019 R3 2703.

The PB IDE is prompting to migrate the code again only when use the target after the build.

1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.