1. Esau Redwan
  2. PowerServer
  3. Wednesday, 8 May 2024 14:14 PM UTC

Hello, I am following the steps listed here for implementing Azure App Services: https://docs.appeon.com/ps2022r3/steps_summary.html

I am on the part where I am installing the Static Web App here: https://docs.appeon.com/ps2022r3/deploying_the_cloud_app.html

I successfully deployed using Static Web Apps CLI (the operation completed fully). However, when I try to finally launch the app from the Azure URL, I receive the following error. None of the Powerserver documentation addresses this error at all.  Any ideas on how I could fix this? Thank you!

After clicking Ignore until the end, it shows this:

Accepted Answer
Esau Redwan Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 10 May 2024 10:42 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # Permalink

After speaking with Appeon support, we found there is a bug that the cloud app launcher attempts a Azure Static Web App URL with case-insensitive pathing that is different than what was in the project. This is a major problem because Azure Static Web Apps is CASE-SENSITIVE. 

For example, for FRAMEWRK.pbd, the the Cloud App Launcher should have attempted "FRAMEWRK.PBd" and not  "FRAMEWRK.pbd" as shown in the screenshot above. 

As a workaround, I had to go and change all my .pbds to all lower case because that is the only way the cloud app launcher is attempting it is with all lowercase. 

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
mike S Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 8 May 2024 14:40 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

Did you extract the files from the zip file?  The project setup in PB needs to have the target be a folder, it then generates a zip file:

Deploying the Cloud App - - PowerServer 2022 R3 Help (appeon.com)

"and extract the contents of the zip into that location."

Comment
  1. Esau Redwan
  2. Thursday, 9 May 2024 17:56 PM UTC
No worries thanks for the help. After struggling with Azure Static Web Apps, I tried the storage account static website already as well. That does not work either.

With the azure storage approach, I am getting "ErrorCode: 404; Error: The requested content does not exist.. ". The Azure Static Web Apps approach is actually getting farther than the azure storage approach for me because at least it downlolads all the powerserver files to my computer.

Ive seen the stack overflow URL you sent as well and that is talking about a github approach which I am not doing. We are deploying from our on premise using SWA CLI.
  1. Helpful
  1. mike S
  2. Thursday, 9 May 2024 18:22 PM UTC
we used the storage account static website and it was working. you should be able to view in the portal the content if you are using the storage website. the url for the website of the storage website is not the same as the storage account.
  1. Helpful
  1. Esau Redwan
  2. Thursday, 9 May 2024 18:33 PM UTC
With Azure storage, I can definitely see all the files on Azure no problem. However, I am still getting another error for that one of "ErrorCode: 404; Error: The requested content does not exist.. "
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.