1. mike S
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. Thursday, 27 October 2022 15:53 PM UTC

On startup of PS 2020 application, some users get browser message of "application closed successfully"

this is edge or chrome.  was able to get it to run on firefox 

occurs on HTTPS only, http is fine

i assume this is some sort of security setting?  could even be something they are doing at the router level.

I do see what appears to be the related error in the appeon server log (this error is around the time that they try to connect):

475:0 [22-10-27 11:28:16] [JRouterImpl (Call())] returnObject=ReturnObject [ Code=10014, Message=Internal error. Please contact the system administrator., Exception=, ReturnValue= ]

anyone know what code 10014 is/means?

*edit * it means:  1) The network environment is unstable, causing data to be incomplete and data protocol errors. 2) Other unknown errors.

mike S Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 10 November 2022 19:38 PM UTC
  3. # 1

The original appeon fix (change of that file on the server) for this no longer works.   (I had fixed this when it was first reported.)

We are getting intermittent reports from our users:

Appeon Web application has quit successfully. Please refresh the browser.

I think there was a browser update (or more) that rebroke this.    google breaking stuff.....

appeon reports that the browser version is:  chrome/107.0.0.0

However, when running EDGE, the browser version is:  chrome/107.0.0.0

this is now a very old version, and an upgrade simply doesn't work:   "Please upgrade to Chrome Version 98.0.4758.102 or Edge 99.0.1150.30 to solve this issue."

Comment
  1. Kai Zhao @Appeon
  2. Friday, 11 November 2022 00:09 AM UTC
HI Mile,

Yes, the issue again on Chrome 104 and above, please use Resolution #2 in article below to solve the issue.

https://www.appeon.com/developers/get-help/knowledgebase/how-solve-blank-page-issue-latest-chrome-and-edge.html
  1. Helpful
  1. mike S
  2. Friday, 11 November 2022 17:47 PM UTC
I did that back on the first go around on this issue.

does this 'fix' have to be done after every deployment?

1. Helpful
  1. mike S
  2. Wednesday, 7 December 2022 15:02 PM UTC
This resolution on your website says it is for PS 2019. If this also fixes it for PS 2020, it should say so. Also, did my upgrade to PS 20202 remove this fix from when i was running earlier release of PS? Should this not just be the standard on how PS works, or does it cause other problems?

https://www.appeon.com/developers/get-help/knowledgebase/how-solve-blank-page-issue-latest-chrome-and-edge.html
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Kai Zhao @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 28 October 2022 01:55 AM UTC
  3. # 2

Hi Mike,

For the "application closed successfully" on Chrome/Edge issue, please try referring to the article below to solve it.

The 10014 error is probably not related to the above problem. When this happens, it will pop up the attached message. It’s possibly because the network environment is unstable, causing data to be incomplete and data protocol errors. Please provide the information below to us for more study, thanks.

1. Application server type and version.
2. The detailed PowerServer version.
3. Does the client which has the issue access the PowerServer site normally?
4. Refer to the below article to provide the PowerServer log and PowerServer error log.
https://www.appeon.com/developers/get-help/knowledgebase/what-you-can-provide-us-further-debugging-when-you-run-appeon-server-related-issues.html

Regards,
Kai

Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. mike S
  2. Friday, 28 October 2022 13:59 PM UTC
i have no idea what version of the browsers they are using, but it could be that. I would have expected they would be on the most current version, but really i have no idea.

the 10014 issue could maybe be due to a VPN issue, but no idea who had the problem.

1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 27 October 2022 16:01 PM UTC
  3. # 3

Hi Mike;

Can you tell us ...

• MS-Windows O/S version & build?
  • FireFox version & build?
  • Did this just start happening after a recent O/S or FF update?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 27 October 2022 16:19 PM UTC
Is the new install perhaps based on the new W10 or W11 version 22H2?
  1. Helpful
  1. mike S
  2. Thursday, 27 October 2022 18:08 PM UTC
no idea. is that an error you have seen with the newest W10?
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 27 October 2022 18:49 PM UTC
Yes, but also because (AFAIK) newer browser versions along with that.
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.