1. Gary Privette
  2. PowerServer Mobile (Obsolete)
  3. Tuesday, 10 October 2017 16:57 PM UTC

This is follow-up to earlier an question.

With the default installation of PowerServer from PB 2017 Universal, I get an error creating native Oracle datasource with 32-bit client (from full Oracle client install, not instant client):

"Testing Data Source juvn_dev failed: Attempt to load Oracle client libraries threw BadImageFormatException. This problem will occur when running in 64 bit mode with the 32 bit Oracle client components installed."

New Questions:

How do I install 32-bit PowerServer?  I tried to uninstall and then re-install from the PowerServer_86 folder, and it tells me to use the Autorun, but Autorun does not give me the option to choose 64-bit or 32-bit.  I assumed that since it installed to Program Files(x86) it installed as 32-bit.  How do I tell whether it installed as 32-bit or 64-bit?

If I must install as 64-bit, how do I tell it use the 64-bit Oracle client (Oracle Home)?  I need to have 32-bit Oracle client on my PC for the regular PowerBuilder client apps.

Thank you.

Accepted Answer
Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 11 October 2017 04:41 AM UTC
  3. # Permalink

Hi Gary,

Please try the following steps to install the 32-bit PowerServer on 64-bit OS:
Step 1: Delete the ’PowerServer_x64’ Folder from the installer folder.
Step 2: Change the ’PowerServer_x86’ Folder Name to ’PowerServer_x64’.
Step 3:Run Autorun.exe.

Regards,
Ken

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Gary Privette Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 11 October 2017 19:09 PM UTC
  3. # 1

That worked!  Thank you. 

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.