1. Ron Calder
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 2 February 2018 17:05 PM UTC

Can we get a copy of the code for the Restful Client example shown in  the webinar?  Would be a great jump start to using the new feature.

Thank you,

Ron

Bruce Armstrong Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 5 February 2018 17:12 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1
Comment
  1. Philippe PILAT
  2. Tuesday, 6 February 2018 15:00 PM UTC
Hi Bruce,

thanks for your article, found it very useful.

I have a question regarding accented characters included in JSON result : how do you handle these ?

Example : {"country_code":32,"country_iso":"BE","region":"Li\u00c3\u00a8ge"}

Best regards.

Philippe.

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Bruce Armstrong Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 3 February 2018 21:31 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

I've submitted a blog article here that should get published in the next day or two.

I used JSONPlaceHolder (https://jsonplaceholder.typicode.com/) as the REST service I'm interacting with.  I do selects and simulate updates against it (using the HTTPClient to manually put together the updates because RESTClient won't have that feature until R3).  I say "simulate" because JSONPlaceHolder doesn't actually update the data, but it acts like it does so you can verify that your client is working correctly.

Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 2 February 2018 17:34 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Ron;

Unfortunately, not at this time as the ones I used on the Webinar this week either had personal Google keys in them and/or called C# Web API web services built from PB. The C# Web API side of the coin though is a PB 2018 feature that I demoed at the Elevate 2017 conference using a very special prototype version of the PB IDE and not available to the public.

We are currently talking among ourselves as to how best provide the PB Community with some meaningful examples of what I presented in the webinar that will work in the public domain. Stay tuned, I'll try and update you & community as we resolve this challenge.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Ron Calder
  2. Friday, 2 February 2018 18:11 PM UTC
Thank you Chris.

1. Helpful
  1. Chris Lerwill
  2. Friday, 2 February 2018 23:39 PM UTC
I'd like to 2nd Ron's request.  I just used Msxml2.DOMDocument.6.0 and MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.6.0 to issue JSON POSTs in my code a few days ago...now I want to rewrite using PB 2017 R2!

1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.