1. Andreas Mykonios
  2. Beta Testing
  3. Friday, 11 January 2019 10:20 AM UTC

Hi.

I'm testing PB2018. At this moment I'm experimenting with the new ui themes. I was looking at the content of the theme.json file. I've noticed that most (if not all) base visual objects are in there. I was wondering if there is any way to extend a theme to provide different "theme" for two objects of the same base type, example: a) commandbutton, b) another object that inherits from commandbutton. I tried to do that in a small application using inheritance. I created a standard visual that inherits from commandbutton. Then I've made a new "entry" in theme.json that looks like:

"u_ind_cb":
 {
  "drawing":true,
 },

But the application still uses the information provided in commandbutton. I am wondering if:

1. This is supported?
  2. If yes, how?
  3. If not, then, can it be considered as an improvement for a future release (not talking about PB2019).

I believe that being able to define different options in the json file for inherited controls or even custom visual objects would be something great.

Andreas.

Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 11 January 2019 14:02 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 1

It appears that it uses the JSON entry that matches on control type.

It would be a great improvement if you could do it by name as well.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Andreas Mykonios Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 11 January 2019 10:26 AM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 2

Also seeing bugs reported for the 2018 beta, this could be a possible solution for ticket # 2110...

Just a thought.

Andreas.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.