1. Steve Wolf
  2. Beta Testing
  3. Friday, 11 October 2024 20:22 PM UTC

I just downloaded the 2025 Beta for Powerbuilder and the initial code enhancements look nice at first glance. However, as I do with every new version I download I check to see if any updates have been made to the datawindow painter in regards to when you add a new column to an existing datawindow. If you do that in a datawindow that has a "Stored Procedure Update" set for either insert, update or delete after the new column is added the mapping in the Stored Procedure Update is silently removed!

99% of the time our testing and review procedures catch that this occurred and we fix it before release, but if our developer or reviewer isn't diligent and only see that the new column is visible and populated the change can be released to production and cause an error when trying to save using the .update() because there are no longer procedures mapped for that datawindow.

My suggestion since 2025 is in beta is to enhance it so that when you add/modify/delete columns in the datawindow painter that it either warns you that the procedures are being removed and allow you to cancel so you can note what needs to be re-added after OR just leave the new columns unmapped and the existing mapping as is. If a mapped procedure update column is removed/renamed the mapping could just be removed as well. Really anything other than just silently removing the mapping would be very helpful!

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 11 October 2024 20:34 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 1

Hi Steve;

If you consider this a bug or an enhancement, please open a Support Ticket. The Support System will allow you now to tag the ticket as "PB2025 Beta" for the ticket's focus. Also, Beta tickets will go straight to Engineering for consideration.    ;-)

Many thanks in advance!

Regards .. Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.