PDFUtils

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 months 4 days ago #351 by Bruce Armstrong
Bruce Armstrong created the code: PDFUtils
A C++ DLL which does merging of PDF documents. The DLL is a wrapper for the PoDoFo library currently shipped with PowerBuilder There is also a PowerBuilder 2019 R3 demo app showing how to use it. The code is discussed in the following article: community.appeon.com/index.php/articles-...f-files-using-podofo

05/17/2021 Update: Discovered that there is a bug in PoDoFo loading landscape PDFs. I've updated the sample to include a SnapDevelop project that is a C# wrapper around SharpPDF that is then imported into PowerBuilder. The SnapDevelop approach works fine with both landscape and portrait files. The PoDoFO based sample only works with portrait files.

[09/10/2021 Update]: It appears there isn't a bug in PoDoFo. PoDoFo is dependent on a number of other DLLs, and I had assumed that those were included in the PowerBuilder runtime as PoDoFo was included. They aren't. As soon as I included the other DLLs that PoDoFo is dependent on it started working correctly. Also, I've updated the sample to PowerBuilder 2021.

[12/24/2021 Update]: Migrated to PowerBuilder 2021 Build 1311. Also included a 64 bit compiled version

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last Edit: 2 months 4 days ago by Bruce Armstrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #396 by Bruce Armstrong
Bruce Armstrong replied the code: PDFUtils
The only way I can think of doing that would be through a watermark. As far as I know both libraries I used (SharpPDF and PoDoFo) are capable of doing that. That's something you would need to code though.

More
2 years 3 months ago #395 by Andrew Davis
Andrew Davis replied the code: PDFUtils
Bruce

This concatenates 2 pdfs, so one is placed after the other in one document. Is there a way of merging them - putting one on top of the other - what I need is one document to be my 'printed / headed paper' and the document I produce from powerbuilder to be put on top of the paper.

thanks in advance

Andrew

More
2 years 5 months ago #381 by Bruce Armstrong
1. Make sure that you deployed the System.Text.Encoding.CodePages library supplied.
2. Make sure that .Net Core is installed on the client machine. The .Net DLL that is used for this solution was written for .Net Core.

More
2 years 5 months ago #380 by Thomas Dietrich
Thomas Dietrich replied the code: PDFUtils
Unfortunately when using the "Concatenate (PdfSharp)" option, I receive an error (see attachment). Any idea how to resolve that? Thanks!
Attachments:

More
2 years 5 months ago #378 by Thomas Dietrich
Awesome, thank you very much!

More
2 years 5 months ago #376 by Bruce Armstrong
I just updated the sample to include both the 2019 and 2021 samples. I re-created the 2019 sample by copying the objects from the 2021 project into a 2019 project using the library painter. Seems to work fine though.

More
2 years 5 months ago #375 by Thomas Dietrich
Bruce, is the PB2019R3 Demo App still available?

Moderators: Appeon Administrator