Two Factor Authentication

More
4 years 9 months ago - 2 months 4 days ago #247 by Bruce Armstrong
Bruce Armstrong created the code: Two Factor Authentication
Sample code showing how to do two factor authentication using PowerBuilder

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last Edit: 2 months 4 days ago by Bruce Armstrong. Reason: Updating code to work with PowerServer and correct timestamp structure defintion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #258 by Bruce Armstrong
Bruce Armstrong replied the code: Two Factor Authentication
It's just standard C# code. I did it in PowerBuilder.Net at the time because I assumed readers at that time would have that available to them.

PowerBuilder 2019 has it's own C# editor, and you can create assemblies there as well. I'd recommend trying that.

You can also use any C# editor of your choosing:
  • Visual Studio ($1200 for first year for Professional)
  • Visual Studio Code (free)
  • JetBrains Rider ($140 for first year)
  • SharpDevelop (free, but may be dead, last release was in 2016)
  • MonoDevelop (free)
  • and others.....

More
4 years 6 months ago #257 by Rick Domogalik
Rick Domogalik replied the code: Two Factor Authentication
Bruce,

This is off this topic but I wanted to ask you a question about an article you wrote about dragging files out of a PowerBuilder app to Windows Explorer.

Here's a link to the article.
blogs.sap.com/2012/10/26/implementing-dr...to-windows-explorer/

I am trying to implement similar functionality to this in PowerBuilder 2019. I don't have access to PowerBuilder.net. At least I don't think I do with the standard subscription. So I don't think I can create the .NET assembly to use as you suggest with a Win32 app.

Is there a new way to do this (article is 7 years old)? Or am I in need of getting access to PowerBuilder.net? Don't even know if this is still accessible.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Rick

More
4 years 8 months ago #253 by Bruce Armstrong
Bruce Armstrong replied the code: Two Factor Authentication
Well, Google Image Charts, despite the notices that it was shutdown, appears to still work.

A QR code is a QR code, so it really doesn't matter how you generate it. The discussion forums indicate that www.image-charts.com/ is a drop in replacement for Google Image Charts. It does cost money though. There are also other free qr code api services such as goqr.me/api/

More
4 years 8 months ago #252 by Berit Sandvik
Berit Sandvik replied the code: Two Factor Authentication
Hi Bruce,
I have downloaded the zip file for generating QR codes and it works perfect!
However, when I search for ways of generating QR codes on the web, there are a lot of articles telling that Google chart is deprecated and does not work any more. It was turned off March 25th 2019. Ref. developers.google.com/chart/image/docs/gallery/map_charts and news group .

Which version of Google chart is used in your example? According to the articles I have found online, the new substitution for Google Image Charts which is Google Charts, does not have any functionality for generating QR codes. So this does not make sense to me.

ls_chart_url = ' chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=qr&chs= ' + String ( width ) + 'x' + String ( height ) + '&chl=' + ls_provision_url

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Regards from Berit

Moderators: Appeon Administrator