This quick start tutorial walks you through the 3 simple steps to apply the UI Theme to your PowerBuilder application. For more advanced techniques, such as how to define a customized theme and how to define theme settings for selected objects/controls, you may refer to the advanced tutorial: https://community.appeon.com/index.php/articles-blogs/tutorials-articles/2-powerbuilder/301-applying-a-new-ui-theme-to-your-application-2.
Step 1 - Select a theme for the application
To select a theme in the Application painter:
- In the Application painter, select the General tab page.
- On the General tab page, click the Additional Properties button to display the Application properties dialog box.
- In the Application properties dialog box, select the Themes tab, and then select a theme from the Theme dropdown list.
- There are four theme options: Flat Design Blue, Flat Design Dark, Flat Design Grey and Flat Design Silver. All the themes featuring flat design style in contrasting to the old-fashioned design. Once you select a theme, you will see a preview.
- Click OK.
Step 2 - View the application in the new UI theme
The selected UI Theme will not take effect during design time. As such, you are not able to view the effect of the new UI theme in the painter or when you run a single object.
The UI Theme will take effect when you:
- In the system tree, select Run/Preview on the target application to run it;
- On the PowerBar, click the Select and Run button, and then select the target application to run; or
- Run the compiled .exe file of the target application.
Step 3 - Deploy the application with the new UI theme
When you deploy the application, make sure to deploy the following two runtime files together with the application for the UI Theme support:
Also, you must copy the whole "theme190" folder from the "%Appeon%\Shared\PowerBuilder" directory and put the folder in the root folder of the application .exe file.