1. Paul Weir
  2. InfoMaker
  3. Friday, 17 November 2023 20:05 PM UTC

Can someone provide me a way to silently uninstall InfoMaker 2019? I have tried "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{86FD227D-8170-41FF-BEFA-F1CC7C41B7BB}\setup.exe" -runfromtemp -l0x0409 -removeonly -s but it opens up a prompt when run and so it's not fully "silent".

Any ideas?

Mora Wang @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 22 November 2023 08:32 AM UTC
  2. InfoMaker
  3. # 1

Hi Paul,

To better keep track of the problem, please open support tickets for these two issues to https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug. When you open the tickets, please provide the following to help analyze the problem. Thanks! 

1. Please zip the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\AppeonInstallLog folder from yesterday's command line error and send it to us named as orgerrorLog.Zip. 
  1. IM 2019 R3 provides SilentInstall.bat and SilentUninstall.bat. I suggest you try using the SilentUninstall.bat file to silently uninstall it and see if it works. For instructions please refer to the "Silent uninstallation" section in https://docs.appeon.com/im2019/installation_guide_for_im/Uninstalling.html. If it fails, please zip the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\AppeonInstallLog folder and name it AppeonSlientUninstalllog.Zip and send it to us. 
  1. If Step 2 fails, please unzip the attached setup.iss.zip  and copy the setup.iss to C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{86FD227D-8170-41FF-BEFA-F1CC7C41B7BB}\ and then execute the same silent uninstall command and see if it can uninstall InfoMaker successfully. If it fails, please zip the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\AppeonInstallLog folder and name it afteraddIsslog.Zip and send it to us. 

Regards,

Mora

Attachments (1)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Paul Weir Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 21 November 2023 21:17 PM UTC
  2. InfoMaker
  3. # 2

Also, and maybe I need to create another case for this, but I also noticed when I run the silent install of Infomaker 2022, it prompts for the installation of .Net Framework 4.6.2. Full.  The silent install of 2019 does not do that.  I need 2022 to install silently with pre-requisites.

Is that some switch I can pass so it just installs it instead of prompting for manual interaction?
image.png

Let me know if I need to create a new case for this issue.

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 22 November 2023 00:40 AM UTC
Hi Paul, I would suggest opening support tickets for these two issues since Mora indicated this should work and they cannot reproduce the problem: https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug
  1. Helpful
  1. Mora Wang @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 22 November 2023 08:14 AM UTC
Hi Paul,

I didn’t find the ticket for this problem in the Bugzilla system so we want to ask you some questions and hope you can provide the corresponding information to help us analyze the problem when you submit the ticket to https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug. Thanks!

1. What’s the OS version involved in this problem?

2. I suggest you first use the SilentInstall.bat file in the InfoMaker 2022 offline installer package to install InfoMaker and see if it succeeds. If not, please zip the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\AppeonInstallLog folder and name it AppeonSlientinstalllog.Zip and send it to us.

3. If Step 2 fails, please do the following: It prompts for the installation of .Net Framework 4.6.2 because the installation package detects that this software is not installed on the current machine so please check whether .Net Framework 4.6.2 is installed on the current machine or not. If it’s not installed, you can run the “NDP462-KB3151800-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe /norestart /quiet” command to silently install 4.6.2, and then silently install PowerBuilder. If this fails, please zip the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\AppeonInstallLog folder and name it CustomerInstalllog.Zip and send it to us.

Regards,

Mora

1. Helpful
  1. Tuesday, 21 November 2023 17:12 PM UTC
  2. InfoMaker
  3. # 3
Mora,

The uninstall command with -s has failed on 3 computers that I've tested so far. 

I have tried with an elevated powershell and cmd prompt.  They both have no effect.

I tried as the local administrator, still no effect.
image.png

If I remove the -s, the removal starts and asks for confirmation as expected.  If I click Ok, it will uninstall it.
image.png

All machines are 64-bit English Windows

Machine 1
image.png
image.png

machine 2
image.png
image.png

Machine 3
image.png
image.png

Comment
  1. Monday, 20 November 2023 12:57 PM UTC
  2. InfoMaker
  3. # 4

Thanks, Mora!

Here's what we see when we run this:

image.png

Windows Installer
This action is only valid for products that are currently installed.

Comment
  1. Mora Wang @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 21 November 2023 07:58 AM UTC
Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, Infomaker 2019R1, 2019R2, and 2019 R3 still fail to reproduce your problem in the Command Prompt of win10, win11, and win2019.

So please provide the following information to help us reproduce the issue.

1. The environment information:

*OS and the system language: (e.g. 32-bit Windows 10, English):

*PowerBuilder Version (e.g. 2019 R3 Build 2803)

2.Will you encounter similar problems if you replace the "{86FD227D-8170-41FF-BEFA-F1CC7C41B7BB}\setup.exe" part in the command line you provided with other non-Appeon software?

3. Are you running the command line in Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell? Please provide the detailed steps to reproduce the issue.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Mora
  1. Helpful
Mora Wang @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 20 November 2023 07:00 AM UTC
  2. InfoMaker
  3. # 5

Hi Paul,

Thank you for using Infomaker!

1. The offline installation package of Infomaker 2019 provides the silentUninstall.bat file. You can directly perform a silent uninstallation of  Infomaker 2019  by running silentUninstall.bat as an administrator. For specific instructions, please refer to the "Silent uninstallation" section in the following link: https://docs.appeon.com/im2019/installation_guide_for_im/Uninstalling.html .

2. We successfully uninstalled Infomaker 2019 using the command you provided in CMD Prompt (run as administrator) without encountering a prompt. We couldn't replicate your issue. Please provide a screenshot of the problem for us to rectify and analyze the issue with the command execution.

Thanks & Regards

Mora

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.