1. Tim Moulaison
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 2 May 2024 17:25 PM UTC

I was at PowerBuilder Version 2022 Build 1878 when we received the update about that there was a vulnerability when using ADO.NET database connection in a newer update.  I stayed at my current version.  I did not perform a PowerBuilder update until now, when it was said that Build 3356 resolved this issue.  I have performed the updates to get to Build 3356.  Now when I try to connect to the SQL Database, I get the error:

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The target principal name is incorrect.)

SQLDBCODE= -2146893022

Just trying to understand what has changed in this latest PowerBuilder upgrade that now gives me an error when connecting to the SQL Server database.

Attachments (1)
Who is viewing this page
Angie Liu@Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 9 May 2024 06:10 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Tim,

We have upgraded the ADO driver in PB2022R2. After the upgrade, the default SSL parameters of the new driver may differ from the old one.

Please try configuring the connection parameter: Trust server certificate=true.

You can test the connection configuration in the Database Painter.

If you still encounter issues, we recommend submitting a ticket to expedite the resolution of your problem.

Regards,

Angie

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.