1. James Levin
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 30 November 2022 19:06 PM UTC

We just updated PB to the latest runtime 22.0.0.1892 from Runtime 22.0.0.1878

Now, when I try to run the deployment; I get the following warning message.

"The configured Runtime path is inconsistent with the current Runtime version, whether to continue?"  yes/no

If I reset the runtime in the project painter back to 1878, it will deploy without issue.

How do I get this to deploy using the latest runtime 1892?

My PB IDE shows the following.

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you,

Jim 

so th Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 21 August 2023 23:16 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

I followed your steps it did not work and as armeen says change the build verison. In my system options i only see one runtime option i don't have other build options to choose from.

Comment
  1. James Levin
  2. Tuesday, 22 August 2023 11:20 AM UTC
Thank you for the reply. This issue was closed for me, since Armeen solution worked for me. We're not using the AutoBuild feature at the moment, so I have not tested it.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 30 November 2022 20:01 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

In the System Options of the IDE, you need to select 1892 build.  Otherwise, it is compiling your project for 1878 and you have a mismatch with the runtime DLLs.

Comment
  1. James Levin
  2. Wednesday, 30 November 2022 20:25 PM UTC
You are on the money with this one!! Thank you. Updated. it re-built the workspace and deployment is working at 1892. I'm not sure why the IDE runtime and the deployment runtime need to be the same. Thank you again
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 23 August 2023 19:09 PM UTC
You're very welcome! They need to be the same because this setting is telling the IDE how to compile your code. If your code is compiled for a particular version it cannot run on different version without recompiling for that version.
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 30 November 2022 19:23 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Jim ;

Don't forget to open the Project for the PB App EXE compilation and in the Run tab, change the App's runtime dependency to 1892 .

FYI ...

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 30 November 2022 20:35 PM UTC
Hi James ...

Yes - you would have been prompted by the IDE at start-up after applying the MR to move to 1892. However, you can "opt out" of that message and then the IDE will stay at the previous build number. What Armeen said that worked, is how to manually over-ride that old build number if you elected not to auto-update the build number in the IDE when first prompted.

HTH

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful 1
  1. so th
  2. Monday, 21 August 2023 23:17 PM UTC
I followed your steps unfortunately it did not work and as armeen says change the build verison and In my system options I only see one runtime option i don't have other build options to choose from the drop box.

1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.