1. Randal Stop
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 22 May 2023 17:27 PM UTC

Bug 9366 font problem - I have a production program that has many installed locations.  Can I just update a dll in the current runtime installation or do I have to go through a complete rebuild and replace the entire runtime?  If I can update a single dll how do I go about getting it.

Thanks

John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 22 May 2023 17:39 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi, Randall -

Are you referring to an application DLL (built from a .pbl) or a PB runtime (system) DLL?

Comment
  1. Randal Stop
  2. Monday, 22 May 2023 17:48 PM UTC
PB Runtime
  1. Helpful
  1. John Fauss
  2. Monday, 22 May 2023 18:00 PM UTC
Then I take it from your question that there is a bug fix for this particular issue that is comprised of a new/replacement DLL.

If the DLL was not built for the PB version, release and build that you are using, I would not attempt to use it in my applications. Mixing runtime DLL's from different builds is definitely NOT a good idea, particular in a production situation, unless you are seeking an exit strategy. Others in the Community are welcome to chime in.
  1. Helpful
  1. Randal Stop
  2. Monday, 22 May 2023 20:27 PM UTC
Thanks John! I noticed in one of the blogs where the Appeon tech told the developer/user this: Please replace the PBDWE.DLL(default directory is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Common\PowerBuilder\Runtime 22.0.0.1892) Thats why I was wondering if I could just replace a DLL without going through a full build and deploy and sending out a completely new runtime.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.