Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi Guru I need to implement an universal login between Oracle and Windows server 2016. If i use Kerberos between oracle 12.1.02 and windows server 2008r2 all works. If i use Kerberos between oracle 12.2.01 and windows server 2016 does NOT work eve...
hi  everyone ,   I read no. of blog to understand .net assembly in powerbuilder but actual mean i dont understand that what is .net assembly in powerbuilder and what is the use of this and how to use    ...
Hi all I need to determine the numbers of monitor in PB. There are already some examples but not in PB code. Do you have any examples how I can determine the number of connected monitors?   Or other function about monitor!   Thx André Rust...
Hi Team,   Would it possible to replace the Internet Explorer with Google Chrome in PowerBuilder. If yes, what will be the change in the PB application/system so that it will work with all kind of ole controls (Native & 3rd parties) in PB applicat...
I want to see how PowerBuilder Mobile applications look like. Is there any showcase where different mobile applications can be viewed?...
Hi All,   we are working on Powerserver to make calls to Oracle tuxedo service from web , one of the issue that we have noticed that DLL used to make tuxedo calls are getting downloaded in cached directory in Client PC, will there be a Way for DLL ...
I need to set this edit mask 19~05-#### to a datawindow string column through script.   In design mode i can set the same edit mask 19~05-#### and it works fine but when i try to set it in power script then this edit mask 19~05-#### crashes my app....
How I can select a bluetooth printer in PowerBuilder Mobile?. I can't print my datawindow. I download some applications for Android, but print very small my report, I'm using a 58mm paper with a thermal printer.   Thks...
I am wondering if it is possible to create a web service from PowerBuilder that is SOAP based....
Hi Chris.   My WS can't find the configuration ini file: Webservice.ini.What do you mean with "Note: must get the PATH correct!". Which path ? It must be the same path of 'Resource files' tab in project ?The code: >>ls_ini_file = of_get_ini_file_na...
Our current applications are built as 32 bit and work OK with the new TX rich text control. Will the TX control support all the same functionality when compiled as a 64 bit application? This would be required to work with the latest Oracle database c...
All - I have a fairly large web/mobile project that needs to be done. I'm searching for a contractor that is proficient with PowerServer Web/Mobile. The contractor must reside in the United States.  Please email me at jhess@mholdingco.com if you're...
Howdy All! I vaguely remember some talk about PowerBuilder certifications coming back. Was I just dreaming or did that really happen? If I am not dreaming, is this still on the table? Thanks, Tom...
I'm experiencing an issue with Describe function in Powerbuilder 2017 R3. If I call Evaluate within the Describe function, then it gives me a wrong result, when I change the HKCU/Control Panel/International/sDecimal entry in the registry from a dot (...
We have a data window that retrieves about 250K rows.   When I try and export to XLSX , it runs for a while then blows up. It DOES Not have much formatting other than 3 total columns.   When I use TXT or the Save as formatted txt the file is almo...
Hello all,i have a Mobile application with a Date column in a datawindow i set the mask and format to dd/mm/yyyy changing the date (the column have no validation at DW level) we get and invalid data errror (atteched picture) i have check the Date ...
I have installed PB 17.3 Build 1880. When I start the Application an read the env variable: env.pbminorrevision then it shows me 2 I shoud see there a 3? The other variables: env.pbmajorrevision and env.pbbuildnumber are correct. Why is the pbmin...
Dear All,   Can you please help me with a query, do you know how to use connection pool for the program in .Net Assembly? any clue would help, please!    ...
because of the need to disable TLS 1.0, i'm moving to the latest sql driver that supports tls 1.2 (unless anyone has better suggestions) SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=" + ls_dsn + ";UID=" + sle_userid.text + ";PWD=" + ls_password +"',DelimitIde...
Hi all, we are evaluating some ideas to change our "default"-sort order of string columns on the database (oracle 12g), because of some special character(sets). Until now, we supported just usual ansi/german letters, but since database and powerbuil...

There are no discussions available here currently