Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi Folks, I'm working on a compiler front-end for building our Powerbuilder applications. I've been using the pborca170.dll and the Orca API documentation as my guide. My process is basically: 1. Bootstrap the application using PBORCA_CompileEntry...
  Does anyone know of any issues because of duplicate, but newer, files shared between PB2019 and PB2017? Different files in the shared\powerbuilder directory are: atl80.dlllibeay32.dlllibglog.dlllibjcc.dlllibjtml.dlllibjutils.dlllibsybunic.dllnlw...
Hi Guys, Any ideas If/how I can create a single datawindow report which has the 1st page portrait and the second as landscape. Would this be possible with a composite report with 2 nested reports. Any ideas would be appreciated.   Thanks Michael...
Hi All, We wrote a script to compile our apps with PBC170.exe which is working good except for resources (bmp,png,ico). Each PBL of the apps have their own PBD for resources. We notice that resources contained in the main PBR are the only one inclu...
Hi all, been coding for almost 20 hours straight , and i know my question is basic , but i just don't get the following issue. i have created a dirlist function , based on a listbox in a window which works great. to make it more dynamic , i wanted...
Hey there,   I have a complete DevOp Stack with Visual Studio using: Jenkins – Build Automation build Scripts with cake or nuke VS Extensions, like Resharper, web stuff from Mads Kristensen and more Installer Intellisense Intellicode Live ...
The only error I can find is this: “Log file created at: 2019/06/12 07:38:19 Running on machine: NPR-DELL Log line format: [IWEF]mmdd hh:mm:ss.uuuuuu threadid file:line] msg E0612 07:38:19.416649  6732 FileTool.cpp:351] GetFileLength failed , file...
Hi All - please see attached .mht file for details on this. We have most recent version of Infomaker just installed, opens .psr's fine (these are generated in our invoice processing, not old files), but these cannot be saved as PDF's, which may be a ...
Getting this error when attempting to run PowerBuilder from development environment.  Running PowerBuilder 9.0.3 on Windows 10 ...
I'm trying out UI Themes of PB 2019. How can I turn themes off once I have turn any them on? I have tried: ApplyTheme("") ApplyTheme(null) ApplyTheme("Do Not Use Themes") All to no avail. I found one solution but it feels like a workaround:...
SQL Server dropped support for outer joins in the where clause in SQL Server 2012. According to our DBA, they are thinking of dropping equal joins from the where clause. The database profile in PB/IM has the option to set outer join style. I think t...
I have a window with a menu. I need to change menu item visible property to false or True base on a global variable value. Could you guys guide me to a sample or maybe you can tell how to reference the menu via PB script. Regards, Clarence....
Hi Guru I'm playing with PB2019 and in particular I'm giving the tutorial: 'https://www.appeon.com/support/documents/appeon_online_help/powerbuilder/CRUD_Operations_with_ModelStore/index.html' In particular I am trying to rename the controller ...
We are currently working with Intergraph Smartplant Instrumentation 2009 (SP4 (09.00.04.0132)) and InfoMaker 11.1 and do not have any problems saving and modifying a PSR file in InfoMaker 11.1 and opening it in SPI 2009 (SP4). However, we are testin...
InfoMaker 2019 has two installers, one called Full and one called MR. Both are build 2082. Why are there two and what is the difference? I'm putting together install instructions and need to know which one they need to run. Hopefully not both.  ...
I have created a basic report that will return data.  In the select statement I have listed the columns as Aliases. When I go to the design the columns do not auto populate as they do in the video.  Is this a setting issue or a know issue? Tha...
 I have migrated code from PB 10.5 to PB 2017R3, and the migration went fine - no errors.  Now I am building the code as a 64-bit pCode application, and the build is fine, but when I do a database connection in the app (using OLE DB), I get a message...
Hello I'm trying to use the inet/internetresult objects and the PostURL function. Everything works fine if I use GetURL, or if I try to use PostURL. However if I use PostURL with a "HTTPS" it fails with a -5 (Unsupported secure (HTTPS) connection a...
Hi All,   During installation of PB2019, i am require to install "KB2533623". I encounter the message of "The update is not applicable to your computer"   pls advise ...
PB2017, PS17.  Compiled with Debug JS only app js size is only 71K which is also the largest size. Trying to debug on Local PC and get the error.  Any Ideas on how to correct?  Is there a hidden file somewhere?     have the default settings on....

There are no discussions available here currently