Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Is there a way of protecting  a specific column in a DW by referencing by row, e.g. I want to input to column A in 1st row, but disable A in 2nd, Modify does not allow row to be used, so end up disabling all rows. Does not seem to work in Datawindow...
Hi, We are using SOAP web services through web service data window. While triggering the services(Web services Datawindow), I am getting request and response in XML with the help on fiddler tool. Now we have requirement to capture both request and r...
I'm calling a REST web service with PB2017 R3 using the OAuthClient to upload a file.  The service is very poorly documented, and only shows an HTTP example.  I've been able to use the example and get a file uploaded, but we cannot open or preview th...
Hello All i have a OLE object to dysplay and print a PDF on a windows in a regular Windows 10 machine but running under a terminal server it display the PDF but the printall() function of the OLE object just does not do anything. if i open the pri...
Hello, I noticed a lot of strange temp files generated in my user Windows temp folder C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp. The filename is composed of my computer name, my user name followed by (for example) .log.WARNING.log20190523-091247.14700 and...
Hello, I have an application (developed with Powerbuilder 2017 R3) that works perfectly with both 32bit and 64bit executables in my Windows7 computer. But when I deploy it in a Windows10 client computer it only works the 32bit executable. In fact, u...
It's very hard to add this code without revealing sensitive data, so I explain problem as best as I can. There is a user objects, let's call them uo_object and uo_caller. uo_object has 2 events:ue_refresh_1 and ue_refresh_2 object uo_caller calls ...
Hi everybody. How does PowerSever resolve the connection to the database if the application assigns SQLCA parameters from an INI file but AEM specifies different parameters for SQLCA? Which prevails? If SQLCA is mapped in AEM from a data source, is...
Hi all, Getting this error when debbuging the Web app: "03502: PBL files have been changed. Please re-deploy the application under the debug mode." I re-deployed as suggested but error persists. App configuration: I did Full build in Powerbuild...
Hi   I have a user object containing a datawindow which is a source for a drag and drop The drop is supposed to occur in either another datawindow in the same object or in a datawindow in another window. When the drag begin I show/hide some objec...
Hi. I just upgraded from PB2017R2 to PB2017R3. When starting the Powerbuilder Runtime Packager to create a PBCLTRT170.msi for me, it fails with the error you see attached. It does not depend on the options (32/64-bit) I choose. Can anybody help me?...
I am trying to create a new data window by sourcing an Oracle Stored procedure. The stored procedure has compiled and been tested using Oracle SQL Developer. It runs fine. However when i try to create a data window it throws a Date Error before i can...
Hi to all I am creating a new app with a docking interface. I am opening some sheets as tabs with OpenSheetAsDocument. For some sheets i don't want to open another instance of the sheet every time but instead activate it if it is already opened. How...
Hi, I am doing POC of big project. I have downloaded trial version and did migration of code. while running application it shows me text everywhere "Trial". So Do I need to remigrate code once again upon purchasing standard license or already migrat...
Hello Team, I am getting following response data from method GetResponseBody after a success call of HTTPClient sendRequest method.    I wrote below codes li_rc = lnv_HttpClient.sendrequest('POST',ls_url, ls_body)li_StatusCode = lnv_HttpClient.Ge...
Hi, I have a report as below. I would like to automatically add number in each group header in No. X where X will be 1,2,3,4.etc...Is this possible? Regards,Marcin...
We are having a strange issue. Users are retrieving a data window with about 70 columns and before you ask, yes they need all these for tax research. Also, the number of records that must be retrieved is around 250K and yes, they need all these recor...
If I have a PDF file in a blob variable, is there a way to display it without writing it to a file? Currently I am writing to a file and displaying it in the WebBrowser control.  ...
Hi Appeon Team,   I created an executable of an application. The application uses rich text control which works well when i run the application with power-builder IDE but if i run the executable  It says "Failed to create the control. Please confir...
I did a filter on some names, some of which started with "A" or other capital letters, and some of which started with "a", where the filter expression was: name > 'a' It selected all of those names. If that was case sensitive, like I thought DW exp...

There are no discussions available here currently