Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello A quick theme question, if you use "themes" the text color is always the same ( black ) in all datawindows , can you force other color if you want to ? , sometimes you need to have a special color that indicates something. Thanks /Jonas  ...
Hello, Using Powerbuilder 2017 R3 / 2019 with Postgresql database Need to access data from a local [ intranet ] server, from a mobile application.   Mobile apps is to read barcode, fetch relevant data from the database, show it, print it and save t...
Hi Appeon team, Currently we are using Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R3 version. We have a requirement to place a file into directory (UNIX server) through SFTP I know that we have some external dll which help us to accomplish the purpose but is there ...
I get a JSON like : {"data": {"name": "\u9673\u6cf0\u5c71", "coupon": [], "is_active": true, "sex": "male", "birthday": "2019-05-15T16:00:00Z", "mobile_number": "+88696631", "balance": 10}}   name is Chinese What function can help me convert it t...
Hi, I'm using PB2019, buld 2082 and having issues with ApplyTheme not applying the theme is certain environments. Made a simple test. 1) copied the themes to C:\TEMP\themes and into that, the four theme folders provided by Appeon, e.g Flat Design ...
We've recently moved from VSS to TFS/Git for our source control.   Everything is working great for development - we've opted to use Atlassian's SourceTree to help visually manage branches and workflow (via Git-Flow).  The ability to use feature bran...
we have a app that initially had 25 users and now it is used for more than fifty users and later started to receive error messages , we had to restart the iis and the server .I attach messages of error and a log .I expect your rescommendations , gree...
Hi.   We have a small application (PB2017 R3) which reads and interprets small text files, adds rows to 3-4 datastores and the commits to 4 tables in the database. Sometimes it can be as much as 1500 rows, but for the most between 700 and 1000. Th...
I need to get the value of a retrieval argument by which the datawindow has been retrieved. I use this method: dw_emp_by_dept.Describe("Evaluate('dept_id', 1)") But this method doesn't work if the DW has no rows. That makes sense because it Evaluat...
Hello I'm looking for some code that would allow me to change the screen resolution using PB2017. I'd like to be to toggle back and forth if possible. Thank You Tom    ...
parent.title    = is_title_initial + ' ' + is_id After changing the window title in script appending an id, the window title under the window menu option doesn't change immediately.  It appears to change once another window is opened but that is a b...
Good morning to all, I need to do some proccessing (find some text and extract the selected page into a sigle PDF) on a very large PDF file. I read some time ago in this gruop about some tool that I can integrate with PowerBuilder.  Does anybody kn...
Hello, how can i set the Proxy-Server in the new PB-httpclient-Object (like winhttp.winhttprequest.5.1 obj.setproxy(...) )? thank you in advance...
PB 12.1 build 6639 - Win7 I have a legacy datawindow that takes 4 arguments (number, string, string, string) which passes all 4 arguments to a nested datawindow. That works fine. But if I add a 5th argument (string) to each, then when I run PB, the ...
We are moving from PVCS to Git and have two applications we would like to put into one repository.The structure would look like this:C:\ACME CORP (Main folder) C:\ACME CORP\PBAPP1 C:\ACME CORP\PBAPP2 C:\ACME CORP\SHARED (this sub-folder contains ....
Hi, I am in process of learning PB and i am stuck at finding the right click menu options. On the right click of the mouse, i get a bunch of options and i choose the one to run a report. I want to figure out which location this template is picked f...
We are experiencing timeout issues.  When the DBA does a restore of a database which is on the same server as the one we are using we have noticed during that process datawindows/sql have been timing out.  When a restore occurs the process does consu...
Hi All,   We have windows application developed in Power Builder 11.5 and recently, we migrated to Power Builder 2017. New migrated application works good. Now, we want to integrate it with Single Sign On, to achieve our company password policy goa...
Hi,  I have just started to have a look at the C# functionality of PB 2019. Does it support MySQL? I cannot generate models for any of my tables. I have created a very simple datawindow on a table without indexes or foreign keys or anything complica...
Hi, after watching the webinar i have been thinkinhg about how  one could use rest for database interaction as first step to make an application 3 tier. Doing that i have not found a solution on how to do that with embedded sql and datawindow /data...

There are no discussions available here currently