Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Good morning I'm running the tutorial: "Create a Web API" I state that I don't have the SQLServer database and I'm adapting the code for an oralce database. Question: In the end the first part says: [cit]The following JSON is returned: {"...
Hi Everyone, Does FlexNet 2.4 work with older versions of PB? I need to move FlexNet from an old Windows server to a Windows VM. I didn't have any luck getting the SySAM service to run for the FlexNet 2.0 and 2.2 versions and so I installed the Flex...
Hello, We have to concatenate 30000 strings to display data in a browser.  As the common string processing functions in PowerBuilder are a little bit slow I wonder if the new Json object has a faster implementation of its string functions (or are t...
Hi Everyone, In our application, we have a menu option that uses the PrintScreen() function over the years, now in the web version does not work, even I tried Window.print() that also works in client-server but doesn't in web. Which is the better wa...
In my account i see only webinstaller.When I see offline installer for download ?! It's possible to use webinstaller to make offline install like Visual Studio ?!...
Hello, is there an option to use custom headers in webservice proxy? I have to consume a SoapWebservice wich needs the following custom headers: customerSignature, customerNumber, interfacePartnerNumber, interfacePartnerSignature and customerLogin...
Hi!   My question is how to modify the MenuBackColor property of menu object dynamically. The menu is contemporary! We would like to one menu but two appearance. How to do it?   Sincerelly Geza  ...
I need to maintain an old system for which I have the source code (PBLs). It was built using PowerBuilder 9.0.1.7236. My only legal archived version is 9.0.0.5507. I've been to www.sybase.com which redirected me to SAP where the earliest Powerbuil...
Hello, PB 2017 R3 Need to set Autosize height property for few columns in the header#1 band.    The output is a bill format, with company name and address at top, few columns in both ends [ left & right side] of the paper.  eg. ******************...
Hi Everyone,    I am wondering if I can install SnapObjects from PowerBuilder 2019, we have a web application in PowerBuilder 2017 R3 that for now does not to be migrated. If I understood right SnapObjects allows me to migrate script from PowerScri...
Hello, I was wondering how I can use a column value as an element name in a datawindow XML template. For example, if I have a data set: var_name var_value x             1y             1width       100height      50 The default template would crea...
Can I install PB 2019 (Standard) to the same computer as my current development computer now used with PB 2017 R3? From PB 10.5 I have had the habit of setting up a new development machine for each new main version, to ensure not to interfer with th...
Hi all, Could you help me see that why i use the ADO.net in the .net assembly, then it couldn't connect success. I set it as 'Sybase.Data.AseClient', but the error relates to '''Sybase.AdoNet2.AseClient".  Do i need to add any additional dll? DBMS:...
Hi Guru If I run my project from the IDE I get a crash What I can see (see attachment) is that the w_frame is drawn very small in the upper left corner. After a few seconds a crash occurs. directions?typ.s.Windows 10Powerbuilder 2017r3...
FileMove and FileCopy Fail on a Windows 2016 Server when the file path is not local. Works fine when source and destination are on the C or D drive but fails (Opening Source) when it is a network location. My development machine is Windows 10 and it ...
I had to have Windows 10 reinstalled on my main computer because of a virus.  I had PowerBuilder 2017 R3 installed on the computer.  I may have left PB logged in to the server when I closed the computer.  I have an online licence.  Currently I am us...
Hi Guru   Where can we find the PDFs of the 2019 version manuals?  ...
Good morning Guru We have been using, with satisfaction, a Web service written in Powerbuilder for 2 years. - This ws is called by several PB programs passing a structure as a parameter. - This Ws returns a double. Now I need to call this ws also ...
We have an internal application for dealing with emails that come in to our Outlook Inbox. It accesses Outlook via connection to the "Outlook.Application" OLEObject, and also uses the Redemption SafeMailItem OLEObject to avoid popups about being allo...
Hello, Using Pb 11.5, Sql Server 2012 express Got a datawindow retrieving data through a stored procedure from the database.  Suddenly it's taking more time to retrieve.   when the same query is executed in the SSMS, it takes only a couple of seco...

There are no discussions available here currently