Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, all We have the following issue in one of my application targets. We use automated builds from a build machine using ORCA script and powerjen Orca script does "get latest" from the source control and refreshes the target. Then Powerjen comm...
Hi. My application has started pop up a message box on some data fetches. The message is "Select error: SQL State = 22005 ... Invalid character for cast specification" This may have started when I changed the connection to a newer SQL server. The ...
Hi: Since a few weeks ago when updating the changes of the app the icon is not the icon that we defined in the deployment. Also if we do not delete the app doesn't update.  In the past, for actualize our app:   Now:      ...
I have been working on moving my application from PB 2017 to PB 2019.  Things are going fine, but I just noticed one issue.  I use standard Windows Icon files in one part of my application and in PB 2019 the icons are blurry.  I didn't have any blurr...
I'm trying to use JSONParser with PowerServer 2019, Build 2082. In the code below, ls_error is an empty string after i call LoadString. According to the documentation, LoadString should return an empty string if successful, or null if an error occurs...
Hi PB Community! We were very excited about themes so we could give our application a new look and feel, so went ahead and invested about a week into the migration of our ERP software from PB 2017 R3 to 2019 GA. We tested our ERP software PB 2019 G...
PowerBuilder v12.1, build 7055Oracle 12CNon-PFC PB client applicationWe have ten utilities that are baseline PowerBuilder applications. Some use OLE to open Excel  to import an Excel  file, others simply import test files. All of them use some Window...
I've had the misfortune of a corrupt hard-drive, and have lost everything. Being a seasoned developer, I have backups. New harddrive, re-installed PB and the SourceCode I was working on. The PBW however, is not connected to SVN. Properties tab sho...
Hi Comunity The datawindow dropdowns are very convenient for decoding. Is there a way to prevent the curtain from falling at the click of the mouse?     Thanks in advance for your reply...
Hello Guys, I'm doing a project for use a datawindow of dynamic way at time of show it in screen, and i'm trying to do that the datawindow be able of the ubicate oneself in x and y points of the column that's focused when who's shown. i did that so...
Hello all... Seasons greeting...   My question today has to do with the RUN command in PowerBuilder. I am re-writing some logic to print labels.  We are moving away from an ActiveX and Intermec label printer, to using ZPL with Zebra Printers. In ...
I am trying to access the PowerBuilder  2019 demo database for working on the PB lessons.  I uninstalled PB but was not prompted to install the demo database, but I see the sample SQL anywhere database as an Apps, how do I connect to the demo databas...
Does the beta of Powerbuilder 2019 R2 use the same installation folder of Powerbuiler 2019 ? I need to have both in the same machine.   Thans for answer.   GImmy...
Good morning. We've been using GIT for months now, but we still have problems with PBLs in a group of 10 users.It is not clear to us how they should be treated in PB-GIT. What is the behavior protocol for configuring POWEBUILDER+GIT? Let me explai...
Hello There Again,     As mentioned earlier, am new to PB ,  and migrating application from PB9.0 to PB19.0.  With Contractor's help migrated PB9.0 application to PB19.0 version, in development. Users were able test the application, hardware co...
Over the last couple of years IBM is advising their clients to move away from "traditional" WebSphere application server to their new server named Liberty. IBM WebSphere Liberty is not derived from "traditional" WebSphere product and they actually ha...
Hi Guys how can I manage the same pb application on different regional settings at the same time, so with different decimal separator and different date format for different users? Any hints?   thanks in advance...
Wanted to check if the new version of PowerBuilder with HTTP Client supports the MTOM/XOP web service client.  ...
Is there any Appeon documentation to show which version of Windows are supported for a particular version of Powerbuilder? e.g Powerbuilder 2017 R3 - Windows 10, Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 ?   We have external clients running our software, s...
Hi, Community! When declaring and invoking Windows API DLL's in Appeon Web apps, wich libraries are used, server or client side? Thanks in advance for helping!...

There are no discussions available here currently