Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi All, I am working on Windows 7 platform. And printing a word document from an application created using PowerBuilder 2017. During this process i want to archive the same file in a physical directory in 'PDF' format.  Is it possible in PowerBuild...
I have a .NET assembly that I've generated from NVOs. One of the methods I need to call accepts a BLOB of a DataWindow state (calls datastore.setfullstate(BLOB), then performs validation on datastore). How would one go about generating a byte array ...
I am trying to deploy a web api I created with SnapDevelop from a development server to a production server and am getting the attached error when calling the api.  The api uses aspnetcore v2.1.1 (via nuget) and I had the client install that on produ...
First time joining this forum.  Currently running Infomaker V11.2, considered updating but we also have an old version of our ERP and are not sure if current Infomaker would be backwards compatible, but that will be saved for another topic later. Th...
Anyone have an idea why PowerBuilder would crash on some machines but not others with the same amount of memory while retrieving large numbers of rows?...
How do I display and save current Today() Now(), formatted (m/d/yyyy h:mm am/pm). Thank You....
Please help me the below : Is NVO with AutoInstantiate checked destroyed automatically in PowerBuilder 2017 ? Thank you very much!  ...
Hi, is it possible to conditionally format headers in crosstab (dynamic)? We have a crosstab, in rows there are accomodation units, in columns there are days. In value is the information, if that unit is empty or occupied.  In the header is number...
I have written an add on for Microsoft Word that opens my powerbuilder app when the user clicks a button on the ribbon in Word.  I would like to have to the powerbuilder app always open directly over where ever the user has put the Word window.  Most...
Hello, reading the PowerServer Performance Tuning Guide i see that enabling the "Merge files" in POwerServer Toolkit could greatly improve runtime performance of my web application. I've enabled both "10X Web File Compression" and "Merge files" check...
Hi All, There is a blob column in one of our Oracle database that has to be displayed to the Users in our web site. We are coding a new REST Web API that one of our web sites is consuming the methods. The Snap Develop is the PB 2019, not the PB 20...
To invoke a function of the Webservice the system throws the error "Fail to load .NET framework".I have Installed:Windows 10 64bitsPowerbuilder 2017 R2  framework 4.7IIS 10 express.   How can I solve this problem?...
Hi Appeon team,   Currently we are using the version Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1880 with Oracle 12c. Recently Our company planning to upgrade oracle 12c to Oracle 18c. Could you please let us know, whether Oracle 18c will support for our ...
What are the differences between Powerbuilder 2017 R2 and PowerBuilder 2019?...
Is there a way to set the number of copies to be printed for a data window control?...
Hi, as i just had Powerbuilder crash on me once again. Soi would like to hear the communties experience with crashes in the IDE. I did crash as i was changing the font on ca. 20 selected objects. Am i alone with periodically crashes on object sav...
I am not able to apply themes to my runtime, works fine in development, in the attached file is a small app with a theme folder called "Flat Design Blue" but I cannot figure out where to place that folder for the app to use it. Can someone please he...
Hi everyone, a customer asked me this question :  is it possible to develop a native android app with PB 2019 and Appeon Toolkit witout using Powerserver ? The application will scan barcodes in a shop for inventory and create purchase order based ...
Hi Guys I have just realised that the PBC170.exe does not allow the libraries to be included in the EXE file and not generate PBDs. This is fundamental to our deployment strategy so the PBC170.exe is no use to us. Is there a way t compile the EXE i...
Hello, Using PB 2017 R3 Got a MDI window and opening lot of windows with opensheet.  Opened windows will get listed in the menu above.  All windows are resized to fit the screen resolution.  Works fine. I get a flickering effect when switch from o...

There are no discussions available here currently