Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi I really appreciate your guidance to help us resolve this bug that is causing big issues for clients when using our application. I am using PB IDE 2019 and Appeon PowerServer 2019 for .NET   This are steps taken that causes the issue. Ope...
We recently migrated a PB19 64 bit app from a Windows 2016 Citrix host to a Server 2019 host. On 2016, both on the server and via a Citrix session, we have no issues. In the 2019 environment the app is crashing though I hesitate to use that word. The...
Dear team,i am getting this error while consuming .net web service Sybase.DataWindow.DataWindowServerLoadFailedException:DataWindow Server PBDWM150.DLL or required DLLs (atl71.dll, msvcp71.dll or msvcr71.dll)please advise...
GM every body, we are migrating web services from PB 2017 to PB 2021 1509 datastore not retrieving the returning error message when i check it is sql syntax it returned a strange string cloud;MTY1NDYzMDI4Mg==;uGfwAjlec2gvx/MK7nmz4tENm1lMPzo/cWiCI...
Hi guys;   I have a problem with a web service response.   It retrieve an html format doc, and we need to load the data contained on it into a database. Is there any way or technique in Power Builder 2019 R3 to "translate" the info of the HTML in...
I see the Beta is available now ;-) ...
Hello Team, I see Kubernetes deployment in the SnapDevelop 2022 Roadmap. Will this feature work with Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform which is based on Kubernetes? Or is it going to be on a Roadmap? Cheers!...
I have upgraded from PowerBuilder 2019 R2 to PowerBuilder 2021 (with the ability to compile multiple runtime versions).How can I now compile a PowerBuilder 2019 R2 version (19.1.0.2353) with PowerBuilder 2021? What needs to be downloaded or installe...
We would like the server to generate emails rather than the desktop. Is this possible? ...
I have a client using PS 2021 who uses yellow background in datawindows for required fields.  When using themes, the yellow background doesn't show up.  What are others using for this scenario to display a different background color?...
When the DB connection fails in our app, there *can* be many SQLSTATE = 08S01 errors that annoy the users.  What they'd like is for the app to reconnect if disconnected.  I'm trying to, firstly, circumvent all the exceptions, but having trouble. I...
We just upgraded from PB 2019 to PB 2021 Build 1311.  Tested our application and all seemed OK.  After releasing it to our customers some are complaining that the application crashes when it is started.  After investigating, the event log is reportin...
Hi All, we are migrating to PB2021 our WebServices that we developed with PB2017 R3 and we are facing the following problem: all the lds_DataStore.Retrieve() calls return -1 in PB2021. If we try to get the SQL statement of the DataObject with lds_D...
I've just migrated our app to PowerServer and have 3 main issues: 1. We used to have ODBC connection to MSSQL, it does not seem available right now. Is that correct? I'm getting a lot of SQL errors all of a sudden. 2. Overall performance seem...
Hi All, My Company is using Power Builder 2017 R2 version and they want to integrate SONAR Qube and NEXUS . We have code repository on Bit Bucket . SO is there any idea or suggestion SONAR Qube and Nexus is compatible or not with PowerBuilder2017R...
We have migrated our applications from PB10/12.5 to PB2019R3.  We have a lot of stored procedures being called via the Declare/Execute statements.  When the process gets to the Execute statement it crashes the application.   We are connecting to MSS...
I am trying to create proxies and I am getting the error: Windows SDK for .Net Framework 4.0 was not installed.  Please install it before use this feature. I searched and I found I have to download:   Download Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and...
Hi All, Is there an easy way of listing all images/icons used/referenced in objects within a Powerbuilder Application? I am hoping to modernize a lot of the icons/images we use but need a comprehensive list of everywhere they have been used within ...
We are using PVCS and Serena Dimensions CM to build a PB 12.6 app.  The icon and bmps are in the pbr and are in the PVCS subdirectories.  But when the application is built, they are not included in the EXE (which is where the pbr is).  What do I have...
Hi All, Hoping to get hold of Ronnie Po's EPS file for creating Custom Theme Image files for window Control Buttons. As part of the - "Themifying" a Mature PowerBuilder Application: Aging Gracefully in a New Skin - session video, Ronnie had said he...

There are no discussions available here currently