Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I have a string array that I want to apply to a column so that array item one goes in row one, item two goes in row two, and so on. I could loop through them and do a SetItem but I was hoping for dot notation that would work in this code: DWObject ...
We recently migrated a 32 bit PB 8 app to 64 bit PB 19. Everything is looking good except for printing. The app generates "Error Number 14. Error opening DLL library pbvm80u.dll for external function...." I have done a search on the error and it loo...
Hello, Recently, when I create a new data window, or modify the select of an existing data window, the name of the column in the datawindow will be a combination of the table and column name. I am using Powerbuilder 2017 R3 build 1915.For example if...
How can I tell if PB is running in Citrix VS the desktop?   I have a popup window displayed in the lower right corner and I want it to move around when the MAIN FRAME window resizes.   It works great on my desktop but when it is deployed to Citrix it...
PowerBuilder v12.1, b7055PowerBuilder 2019R3Windows 10 64 bit platformI'd like to be able to generate QR codes from either version of PowerBuilder, and do so without paying massive amounts of money. Is this possible? If so, how can I make QR codes ha...
Hi all, I've got a few grid style DW's that I'd like to automatically sort when the user clicks on the column name (label). I'm using PB2021 and the latest PFC.  The dw's inherit from u_dw.  I'm turning on the sort service, but it seems to be ignore...
Hi How do you check if the build was successful or not? Does PBAutobuild return value like 0 = OK, other values = the error number? Is it described somewhere? I haven't found it. Thank you...
In many of our windows mainly those with a lot of visual objects and tabs, each time the window resize or a tab change within the window,  the system after executing all of our lines of code just and before releasing control to the user, some of the ...
Hi, PB 21.0.0.1506   We use the third part Tx Control 12. in my developpement environnemt in Runtime Mode it works well. On Client Machine i get this error. I controlle that i copy all the dlls and files, the ocx is registered. We don't have too...
Hi Everyone I have a PB App 2019R3 latest build and runtimes. It processes large amounts of data from an external OLE source and inserts/updates a SQL server database. Randomly the PB runtime just disapears with no messages or anything. The Evenlog...
Like many of you I need to be able to close a tab page using the standardised close button located on the tab-page (like in any browser) However that feature is NOT available in PB and will not be for the next 1.5 - 2 years (at least) even though it...
Hello.It's a browser dedicated to powerbuildersIwarunner is currently in use.Calling iwarunner.html to url on a web page will currently run iwarunner and change the initial url to about:blank. There's a problem here.After iwarunner runs, about:blank ...
Hi Team, I am getting the below error while running the application There is currently no matching version, Lowest Supported Version:21.0.0.1509   Could you please let me know what else i need to do ?...
Hi, I have some web apps coded with PowerBuilder 2019 and deployed using PowerServer Build 1988.  I upgraded PowerBuilder and PowerServer Toolkit to build 2170 but I want to still deploy using PowerServer build 1988.  I have PowerBuilder 2019 build 2...
Hello, I recently updated .NET Framework on my Windows 10 computer and still then CPU usage goes 99% high displayed this .NET Runtime Optimization Service in the task manager.  But friends this article suggested to run the official script by Microso...
I'd like to copy the source code of entire my Power Builder application by EDIT SOURCE each Object (in each Library) , COPY then PASTE code into the TEXT file. This way takes a lot of time. Is there a better way to copy Power Builder source code int...
Hi Is running application developed in PB2021 1509 in Windows Vista R2 officially supported? It seems to be working with these exceptions: WebBrowserSet or WebBrowserGet crash instantly in pbvm.dll with exception c0000005 at offset 0x00058f84 W...
Hi. Did you have the following problem:Randomly, when printing dataWindow with nativePdf, gray areas appear. The background of static text becomes gray instead of remaining white. The problem occurs with some printers but not with others. Preview an...
After connecting to the system distributed from the Chrome browser to the appon, a flash appears when the screen is opened.To take action for this phenomenon, I gave setredraw(false) to the first line of ancestor window script and setredraw(true) to ...
How can i implement logging in my powerbuilder application?...

There are no discussions available here currently