Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Dear all Since I installed PowerBuilder 21, the result of my search output is deleted after each new search. How can I prevent this (can't find the property/checkbox for this)? I prefer to keep the search results until I delete them by myself (Conte...
How to find whether PB application running is a classic built or Power client Built through code ? ...
I thought of sharing this diagram I created sometime back that may be of help to the PowerBuilder Community  LDAP/AD => Lightweight Directory Access Protocol or Active Directory network authentication (Windows creds). "Connect as Acting User" un...
Hello, after I have not found advice to my question and since I'm pretty new to Powerbuilder, I just post it here: I'm just about upgrading my Powerbuilder Workspace from Rel. 12.5 to 2019R2. There I do have a PBL (used for a report) which I have r...
Hello, Released features and planned one (Roadmap) We have been using Powerbuilder for more than 2 decades and still love to be a powerbuilder developer(s).   We have tons of codes developed in powerscript and have experience in analysing and solvi...
Using PowerServer 2021 in local deploy, PowerBuilder version 2021 Build 1506 in an Oracle 19 backend. I am working with Don C of Intertech to check my work. We are using one procedure within a package to cover Update / Insert / Delete within a store...
Hi, (Using PB 2021 Build 1506, Oracle 19 back end) I have been working with Don C of Intertech trying to sort out some of our calls to Oracle stored procedures / functions / packages. Found that the following call doesn't work when deploying to Pow...
I had a really weird report from a user yesterday, in a screenshot of an error message from the dberror event of our inherited Transaction object.  They were doing an action that did an Insert to a table using a DW on a window (code like dw_main.Upd...
Hi all, I'm trying to print to a Brother label printer from my PB App.  Everything is fine until I execute iDoc.PrintOut() function (iDoc is the OLEObject).  The function keeps returning the same error (Error 11 - Printer not supported).  But I can ...
Dear all,   we're using PowerBuilder (2019 R2)  along with the PushOK SVN bridge to access our SVN system.We need to switch over now to eliminate the PushOK software to connect directly to SVN (Git is not an option currently). - Would this need a ...
Hi folks, I have an ancestor window with several descendants, w_masterlist. I'd like to disable or ignore the DoubleClicked event if the dw is in query mode.  If the dw is not in query mode, the descendant code for the doubleclicked event should run...
Ladies and Gentlemen unfortunately there is still a problem when editing the layouts in AMOR. After Aescudata support tried to solve the problem, different versions of Infomaker and PowerBuilder were noticed. Can you help us on how to proceed here? ...
Hi. We are evaluating Gitea as a self hosted git service. I wonder if anyone has tested gitea with powerbuilder. If yes, it worked? Was powerbuilder able to communicate with gitea and pull, push etc.? Thanks. Andreas....
  Hi all, I'm trying to deploy the PB2021 runtime files, and I'm having a problem understanding the method. I created a Runtime Deployment msi file, and picked the components that are relevant to our app. Copied this to one of our terminals, ran ...
Hi, in PB 2022 Beta a new PDFLib Version is used. This one has a different behavior than the old one from PB 2021. In PB 2021 the generated PDF seems to depend on the used printer. Changing the default printer could change the resulting PDF. If the...
I am embarrassed about this because it is very easy yet I cannot get this to work. I am sure I am overlooking something very obvious. In Powerbuilder 2021, in a window I have a datawindow (dw_main) whose datasource has a dddw. On the open event of t...
Tengo un datawindow comoposite, con algunos reportes que debemos crear y cargar (diseño y data) en tiempo de ejecucion. Cuando utilizo la funcion Dynamic Create en el datawindowChilld en powerserver me duevuelve un mensaje de error, en PB si funcion...
Hi When running with multi-browser in window 11 (version 22H2), a white screen appears and does not operate normally. There is no problem with using multi-browser in window 10 or window 11 (version 21H2).I am writing to get help on this issue. Tha...
Hi    In the project painter, how can I specify an Icon to associate with the exe generated ? (or on PBC  .. the stand alone compiler) Using pb2019R3   Thanks   //Steen...
Good morning, We are currently using PB2017 R3We have multiple reports that display project hierarchy in the header band (1-6 individuals). The columns are placed one below the other and their slide up value is set to "All Above" and autosize height...

There are no discussions available here currently