Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi,   We have an app we are developing an app in Powerbuilder 2022 build 1900 where we set the app name in the database connection string when connecting to SQL Server 2019. We are using ODBC driver. The issue is when we run the app like a regular...
Best regard I would like to know if with the RESTClient object it is possible to consume a REST webservice, passing it a json. With the SOAP Ui program, I perform a test, but I can't find how to pass the ENDPOINT parameter to it. How could I...
Hi, all! Getting the below error when running the PowerServer installable cloud app: Application terminated. Error: Session creation failed. Cause: Failed to send the request. (Web API: https://www.sinergylowells.co:446/api/ServerApi/CreateSessio...
Hello PowerBuilder experts, following is my scenario. We have a PowerBuilder application (version 2022 build 1892) We have a bunch of PDFs stored in Azure Blob Store We also have a C# DLL (.NETCore 6.0), that uses Azure Blob SDK to upload and do...
How to replicate this request curl --location 'http://localhost:34020/api/processor' \ --header 'IE-INTERFACE_VERSION: 1.11' \ --header 'IE-SERVER_TYPE: BGExtractor' \ --header 'IE-JOB_ID: 42' \ --header 'IE-RESULT_TYPE: PNG' \ --header 'IE-PRO...
Hello All, Is multithreading supported with PB 2022/PS 2022? If so, does anyone have examples to share? We've been playing with it but it seems to produce random freeze ups. We're using the sleep function in the user object to time the activity of i...
Hello All, Looking for speculation and advice, so feel free to give me your 2 cents. I had always planned to eventually provide a mobile app to pair with my desktop app, but now that PB Mobile is dead - it's dead right? - I'm looking at other optio...
How can i acces event of the Compress Object.  I use this code: Integer li_resString ls_archivo, ls_carpetas[]CompressorObject lco_backuplco_backup = Create CompressorObject li_res = lco_backup.Compress(ls_carpetas,ls_archivo,ArchiveFormatZIP!)  ...
Good Day, Below is the grid data window report. I need someone to help me color the column based on the data content. For example, under column trans type, where there is payment i color the entire row red, where there is invoice i color blue the en...
Hello, I have a question about the Datawindow Saveas function in Powerbuilder 2021. Your documentation states: "If you do not specify any arguments for SaveAs, PowerBuilder displays the Save As dialog box. A drop-down list lets the user specify the ...
  Scenario: We use all font files "srw", "sra", "...", in the folder "project/Fontes/***.sra", when using integration with GIT it is versioned in the folder "project/ws_objets /pbl/***.sra" and generating new files in version control. Problem: beca...
I am using a web browser control to display a photo in a PS 2021 application. This works fine but I need to be able to print it as part of a datawindow. Can this be done? Or is there another way to display a photo that would be printable? ...
Our organization has been using Appeon Powerbuilder 2017 R3 and we are connecting to TFS though MSSCCI, we would now like to move the source control to Azure Devops.  Would love to know if this is possible with PB 2017 R3.  ...
Hello Developers In some Q&A I read about "normal mode" and "admin mode".  But I can't find any documentation in PB2022 Help Where can I switch between these modes? I searched in application, in project ... but didn't find anything.   best r...
Hello, PB 2021 - 1509 Is it possible to send files with REST client or do I have to use Http client? If I want to use RESTclient should I convert blob to string and then send this string with SendPostRequest function? Thank you for your answers an...
I have a datawindow with one column that contains text of 25,000 characters.  It has a vertical scroll bar, however, the requirement is that the scroll bar automatically scrolls down if the text is more than is initially visible.  How do i get the s...
Hello Everyone,Roland Smith - Thank you for sharing your canvas application. I managed to modify your sample application to implement the picture control to display passport image in my application.Another requirement for my application is as user zo...
Hi All, We are trying make an API call to Z o/s through PB 2019. The authentication process to this API call is through a certificate, i.e. a .pfx file. Can someone please suggest how we can achieve this. How can we use the .pfx certificate file to ...
Hi all Can we have the option for  a Pbd calls a datawindow from Pbl file ?...
Good Afternoon,               I have done a PowerBuilder 2019 R3 migration for a client. I was using the DBMS=SNC SQL Native Client(OLE DB) and everything was working fine. The client decided to move to SQL server 2019. They use a lot of configurati...

There are no discussions available here currently