1. Aswin Kumar Madabushi
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 10 November 2021 21:48 PM UTC

I have download and migrate the code to power builder 2019 still my zip and unzip is not working. And im not able to zip and unzip the file for the code which I downloaded  from https://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_zlibwapi.html 

plese help 

Attachments (1)
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 10 November 2021 22:17 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

I think it is always best to minimize third part dependency if the built-in feature meets your project needs.  We added compressor object.  Try it out: https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019r3/objects_and_controls/ch02s09.html

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 10 November 2021 21:58 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Aswin;

Since the newer PB's are Unicode (not ANSI like PB 9), you need to make sure that you import the code from Roland's "zlibwapi126.pbl" library only. This was Roland's PB v12.6 code-line which is Unicode.

HTH

Regards ... Chrisd

Comment
  1. Roland Smith
  2. Thursday, 11 November 2021 19:38 PM UTC
My examples come in 10.5 and 12.6 flavors. You are right, the 12.6 build should be used for newer versions of PB. Since my code is just a wrapper around ZLIB, any issues extracting from a zip file are probably a problem with the zip file itself.
  1. Helpful
Olan Knight Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 10 November 2021 21:52 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Be sure that you are running in the correct environment.

If you had a 32 bit operating system in your PBv9 environment, and now you are in a 64 bit Win10 platform, you will need to change the version of WinZip you are running.

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.