1. · DETE
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 11 January 2019 15:12 PM UTC

Window key event [pbm_keydown] is no more triggered after migration from 12.5 to 2017?

· DETE Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 24 January 2019 16:11 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hello,

To reproduce, insert a RichTextEdit Control in any window and code the key event of this Richtextedit like this:

IF Key = KeyF3! THEN
 MessageBox("F3 pressed", "F3")
ELSE
 MessageBox("Not F3 Pressed","NOT F3")
END IF

When running you will see that all keys are responding "Not F3" except "F3" which do nothing.

Bes regards

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 22 January 2019 17:51 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Pierre;

FWIW: You can download the PB2019 Beta#1 version of PB if you are an online license user. That beta has the TX control back into it for testing. PB2017R3 MR01 coming out soon will also have the TX control returned. However, you can try the 2019 B1 and see if that fixes your issue. If not, please open a PB 2019 Beta Support Ticket for this issue.

FYI:  https://www.appeon.com/developers/pb-2019-beta.html

Regards ... Chris

Comment
Pierre DETE Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 11 January 2019 16:02 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I hurried up. In fact My last tests seems to show that it is the [pbm_renkey] of richtextedit which doesn't start only for F3 key ! I'm still trying to understand...

Very Sorry

Comment
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Sunday, 20 January 2019 10:28 AM UTC
Hi,

Just wait for the "old" text richtext to be released at the end of January. The new control is very flacky and is not seeming to be a priority. I do love some of the properties of the new control, like the way it deals with pasted images, but ....
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 11 January 2019 15:31 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Hi Dete;

I use Key events all around my PB and PS Web Apps and they are working in my PB2017R3 build 1858 just fine. Can you be a little more specific about which object class(es) this pertains to, how the key event is mapped and it usage context? Do you also have an small PB App example of the key feature your trying to use that does not work?

Can you also tell us what version of PB (aka "build") that you are using and also on what MS-Windows version & build (I am using the W10 creator edition)?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.